cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you create an Alert for Record Viewed?

Highlighted
Joshua Hutley
Occasional Visitor

Can you create an Alert for Record Viewed?

I am looking at the options when creating an alert. I would like to be notified when a document is opened (viewed) and another set of criteria is met, for instance title word. Is this possible?

Josh

4 REPLIES
Jason Boswell
HPE Expert

Re: Can you create an Alert for Record Viewed?

No, the standard electronic attachment alerts only apply to records that are attached, removed, modified, checked out and checked in.

The only way I know to achieve this would be to write a custom event processor using the TRIM SDK and implement through TRIM Enterprise Studio.

Icehouse

Hi Joshua, Are you after info about a particular record, or groups / types of records?
brian-b

An alert using Records Modified as its trigger will respond when a record is viewed (amongst other events).  You can narrow the alert to a specific record, or set of Title Words, using the optional conditions.  You'd still have to check the Audit Events to confirm that the record was indeed viewed and not, say, that notes were added.

EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Brian,

"An alert using Records Modified as its trigger will respond when a record is viewed."  I believe this is only true if you have the context setting of "Update the Last Action Date of the associated record" ticked.  Otherwise the record is not modified and therefor you won't get an alert.

Cheers,

Erik

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event