cancel

Can't connect to 6.2.5 Workgroup Server

Highlighted
Joshua Hutley
Outstanding Contributor.

Can't connect to 6.2.5 Workgroup Server

Users cannot connect to TRIM 6.2.5 server and get the message "The TRIM workgroup server interface is version 105 and we expected 106".

This occurs on at least 6.2.2 and 6.2.4 client connect to 6.2.5 server.

What's going on with the Service Pack? Aren't they supposed  to be compatibility with previous service packs?

10 REPLIES
EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Can't connect to 6.2.5 Workgroup Server

I don't think that's guaranteed.  Builds in the same service pack will work, but a Service Pack might change something to the point that old clients shouldn't be connecting.

Usually you upgrade the clients first and then the server last (or everything all at once).

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
Joshua Hutley
Outstanding Contributor.

TRIM 6.2.4 had no issues neither did 6.2.3.

Looks like I will have to remove 6.2.5 from my test server then as 6.2.2 clients need to connect to it.

EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

"TRIM 6.2.4 had no issues neither did 6.2.3."

That kind of made me laugh because they had so many issues... but I know you meant issues like this! :smileyhappy:

I'm betting HP pulls this SP for some fixing... there are a few things I already don't like about it.

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

We've never supported older clients connecting to a newer server.

The upgrade path is for clients to be upgraded first, then server.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

erikwillsey wrote:

I'm betting HP pulls this SP for some fixing... there are a few things I already don't like about it.

Can you clarify?

The more I know, the more I can report to R&D before they provide any more releases... :smileyhappy:

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Philip Harney
Outstanding Contributor.

Yeah do tell Eric as I have some customers evaulating it now.

but on the pulled release of the product, I have it from the WW product manager from HP that they will not pull releases and do a FUP Mid release any more.  IF you dont like it's tough biccies to the next service pack.

This is to stop the issue of customers downloading 1226 from the web site when the release was 1240... wait that 1240 mark 2 ....... better check my dates

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

PhilHarney wrote:

but on the pulled release of the product, I have it from the WW product manager from HP that they will not pull releases and do a FUP Mid release any more.  IF you dont like it's tough biccies to the next service pack.

Yeah, in this case I think a FUP will be coming out.

But I agree with KB, we should take the time to get it right and customers wait for the next full release.

You can see the problem a lot on these forums already with customers on all the many different versions of 6.2.4...

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

FUP's play an important role.  Many customers can't wait for the year-long Service Pack cycle that HP has been sticking to.  Plus a FUP allows more of us to test out the new features (aka bugs) sooner rather than later.

I just wish HP would really test out this product before they release it.  The fact that we can find bugs in less than a day is pretty annoying.

---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Couldn't agree more Erik.

I'm one of 'those' people urging management to at least release the software early as a 'beta' release.

QA does catch 99% of stuff, but they don't have the ability to test every iteration of the product and catch some of the seemingly 'obvious' issues that get through.

Just the nature of 'software' really.

Not sure what others think about beta releases though?

I managed to convince the higher ups to get the Outlook integration out as a pre-release, not sure how I'll go with the full TRIM package....      >.>

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Philip Harney
Outstanding Contributor.

They Do have beta sites, anyone who downloads and installs the release with in the first 2 weeks.  Then we get the proper release.