cancel

CM9 Dataport

Highlighted
Joanna Thompson
Respected Contributor.

CM9 Dataport

Hi, I'm testing CM9 (9.0.0.201) Dataport functionality, and I've come across an issue that I can't seem to get around. Every folder we create must have a Series Record. In the Help, it says not to use Related Records, but use Record.Series Record, which is what I used to use in HPTRIM 7.2.1.  However, when using dataport, Record.Series Record is not present in the Target Properties. I am not able to map a matching pair. How to I map the Series field in Dataport?

Many thanks!

Joanna Thompson
Senior Records Management Application Analyst
Government Records Service, Corporate Information and Records Management Operations
Ministry of Finance, Government of British Columbia
4 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
Micro Focus Expert

Re: CM9 Dataport

I had a quick look and couldn't see it either, I might not have been included (unintendedly left out)

Do you see it has a property if you export some test data? Eg. export a few series records and see what fields are populated then we can look at those against the import fields.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Joanna Thompson
Respected Contributor.

I have done exports also using Dataport, and the Series field is nowhere to be seen. In fact there are also several of our additional fields which do not appear in export.

Joanna Thompson
Government Records Service, Corporate Information and Records Management Operations
Erik Wold
Respected Contributor.

Hi, I have run into this since RM v8.1.  There is an enhancement request for this option to be made available again. I remember being able to import within Series Records in prior versions, but like Greg said, I think it was unintentionally left out.  The workaround we used was unfortunately manual to apply the series records via the client.

Here are the enhancement requests related to Series records and Dataport.

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01745044

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02529703

Joanna Thompson
Respected Contributor.

Thank you for the information. Very discouraging to hear.

Joanna Thompson