The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Client Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3PO error when trying to attach using Trim > Attach Records

Highlighted
Neil Mulvaney
Acclaimed Contributor

C3PO error when trying to attach using Trim > Attach Records

Organisation uses Groupwise 7 and Trim 7.1 Build 1828

Mostly is working fine.

Recently (This week) several clients get a C3PO error when trying to attach a record to an email when they use the Trim menu.

The exact message is...

Groupwise error

An error occurred executing a C3PO command. Contact your sys admin.

Others users do not get this message.

The error is definitely machine based as program works fine for same user on different PC.

I have removed Groupwise, Trim, dot net and all MS patches back to June.

Re-installed Groupwise, dot net and Trim without the patches and still same problem

I have googled and researched with no luck. I did see one post with similar problem and resolution related to network path for log files.

Not sure what this means.

I had hair until I started working with computers
10 REPLIES
Grundy
Honored Contributor

Re: C3PO error when trying to attach using Trim > Attach Records

I've seen this before, but cant find any reference to C3PO in my email archives...

If it's machine specific, do your users have local profiles too? Or roaming?

If local, try recreating the users windows profile on that machine.

See if the problem machines have any other TRIM/Groupwise customisations or add-ins compared to the working machines.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Neil Mulvaney
Acclaimed Contributor

Thanks Grundy

I did not do this straight away, as several different staff with different accounts logged in seperately on the same PC to test and the same error each login.

I have now done as you suggested and blew away their profiles and recreated.

The error is the same.

I have now imaged a new PC and installed Trim. I have used this same image for past 3 months and never had the problem until this week. The error is the same on the clean image.

I suspect something has changed either with Groupwise or Trim server. ( I do not have access to this and will speak with server team.)

Thanks for your time and if I learn anything I will post.

Grundy
Honored Contributor

Thanks Neil, it would be good to get an update in case anyone else runs into this too. :)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Adam_Ledwos
Regular Collector

Have seen this issue in my org with several users - turned out to be legacy files left on the machines from GroupWise 5 - probably not the solution you need, however.

Adam
Neil Summers
HPE Expert

Am I allowed to suggest R2D2 caused it? Sorry...I would have burst if I didn't get that out!

It does sound to me like something changed in GroupWise. Only a hunch.

For what it's worth, I know there are a bunch of registry keys for GroupWise under :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\GroupWise\5.0\C3PO

TRIM does create some values under there, so maybe something blew them away...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\GroupWise\5.0\C3PO\DataTypes\GW.CLIENT\tsjGroupwiseEx.C3POServer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\GroupWise\5.0\C3PO\DataTypes\GW.MESSAGE.APPOINTMENT\tsjGroupwiseEx.C3POServer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\GroupWise\5.0\C3PO\DataTypes\GW.MESSAGE.MAIL\tsjGroupwiseEx.C3POServer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\GroupWise\5.0\C3PO\DataTypes\GW.MESSAGE.NOTE\tsjGroupwiseEx.C3POServer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\GroupWise\5.0\C3PO\DataTypes\GW.MESSAGE.PHONE\tsjGroupwiseEx.C3POServer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\GroupWise\5.0\C3PO\DataTypes\GW.MESSAGE.TASK\tsjGroupwiseEx.C3POServer

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Michelle Adams
Regular Collector

Hi,

What is happening at my site is that if Context 625 is installed on the PC, then the .bat file is run that uninstalls 625 and installs 7.11.1828 the c3po message no longer occurs.  If a new PC does not have Context 625 installed (only HPTRIM 7.11.1828) then the message occurs.  It appears that a .dll is registered.  It's GW7.03 build 1294.  Thanks.

Neil Mulvaney
Acclaimed Contributor

Grundy and all....

I have a resolution and looking back at my original post, I left out (unintentionally) that all the PCs with errors were clean Trim Installs - I mean they were not upgrades from trim 6, whereas all the PCs without the error previously had Trim 6 installed.

After much uninstalling - reinstalling, I tried installing Trim 6 and then Trim 7 and viola it works.

The doco I now have from Trim advises Trim 7.11 only supports Groupwise Version 8 and may work on Groupwise 7.

Hope this helps someone else..

Thank you guys for your support

Michelle Adams
Regular Collector

They key was to install 625 (which must register a .dll), then uninstall it and then install 7.11.  It works for them, but it's not 'supported' by the vendor.

Grundy
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the update Neil!

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au

I know this post is old, but we have only encountered this problem today.  Maybe this update will still be helpful to someone.  We are on TRIM 7.1.0.1132 and GroupWise 12.  (I know, I know - "unsupported" - but it works just fine.)  Thankfully, the previous comments on this subject led me down the path to a simple solution, at least in our case.  I used Process Monitor to discover that the missing file is actually a Microsoft file named TabCtl32.ocx.  This file is easily downloadable, or copied from another system.  I saved it and registered it, and the problem was solved.   This has solved the problem on the 2 systems I've tried so far.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event