cancel

Bulk Move of Files in Trim 6.2.5

Highlighted
Marc218
Respected Contributor.

Bulk Move of Files in Trim 6.2.5

Trying to move mulitple files that have been incorrectly resgitered from one location to another within Trim  in Bulk .. What is the best way to do this in Trim ?

thanks In Advance

Marc

4 REPLIES
Sander Hoogwerf
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Bulk Move of Files in Trim 6.2.5

What do you mean by "location"? Is that classification, container, owner, space or something else?

All of them can be set in bulk (provided the menu options are enabled for the recordtype).

Depending on which one you mean, just right click on the record and:

classification: Details -> Classification

container: Location -> Container

owner: Location -> Owner

space: Location -> Home location

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
TRIMGuru
Acclaimed Contributor.

In addition, you can do a search for all those at the incorrrect location, tag them all (right click - tag all), then use one of the actions described above to "bulk" change their location.

Marc218
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for the replys .....

2 things that  I require ...

One is Bulk move record location which Sander has explained ...thanks tried that and works a treat

two is to bulk change the Record type on a series of containers ...they have been set to the incorrect record type and I need to change to another ...I  cannot see how to change the record type of an exisitng container at all ??

Tones
Super Contributor.

Tag all containers that have been set to the incorrect record type, right-click>Administrative Tools>Record Type. A dialog box will appear with the options to apply to All Tagged Rows or the Currently Highlighted Row Only. Select the appropriate option, click OK and this will display all record types. Select the correct record type and click OK.

Record type has been changed