cancel

Bug fixes in 6.2.5 compared to Bug Fixes in 7.0

Highlighted
Joshua Hutley
Outstanding Contributor.

Bug fixes in 6.2.5 compared to Bug Fixes in 7.0

This is a question for HP but I thought others would be interested.

I know what bugs are fixed in 6.2.5 (lots!) but it is not obvious to me if they are fixed in 7.0 (I suspect that they are not). Because there is no SPER with 7.0 (i think it was empty) I have no easy way to tell.

Assuming they aren’t fixed in 7.0 would it be correct to assume they are fixed in 7.1 (when it gets released). I realise that those bugs relating to products no longer in 7 such as TCSI and ICE won’t be fixed in 7, but how about SQL Locking, Slowness of large Document Transfer etc.

Are or will these issues also be in 7.0 or 7.1?

Josh 

5 REPLIES
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Bug fixes in 6.2.5 compared to Bug Fixes in 7.0

Well I can't specify what future versions we are releasing. (7.1 being the most obvious guess)

But yes, R&D will normally port any fixes into each code stream at the time that it's fixed.

So a lot of the 6.2.5 fixes, if they applied to 7.0 as well, would have been ported up into the 7.X code.

6.2.5 was developed/released after 7.0, so none of the fixes in 6.2.5 appear in 7.0.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
Chum
Honored Contributor.

Can you post a link as to where to download 6.2.5.  I would like to test the client, and have a look at the SPER to see what has been fixed from 6.2.4.

Joshua Hutley
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi

You will need to put a support call to HP. They will give you the details of the FTP.

I will attach the most recent SPER for you.

Be aware though that there may be a new build any day now though.

Josh

Emjay36
Contributor.

I'm probably in all the wrong places, but I have a document I need to print (Windows XP) in a database document.  Tried two different HP printers Officejet J4540 and Officejet 6500.  Both come up with an error:  "Out of Memory"??  I have tried several ways of fixing it, uninstalling printer, etc.  Nothing seems to work and probably a simple fix??  Any suggestions??

E-mail:  Emjay36@aol.com

TRIMGuru
Acclaimed Contributor.

Emjay,

Yep, wrong forum.  But, try this one:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install