Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Log Viewer Issue

Highlighted
bearhart74
Super Collector

Audit Log Viewer Issue

Server version 8.1.0.7517

Client version 8.2.0.7804 64 bit on win 7 Ent sp 1.

I have off line Audit logs set up to be automaticallt stored in HPRM.

This part works great.

Dougle clicking on a stored audit log .talf file to view it produces the attached error.

What can i do to fix this?

Continued from here

http://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-Records-Manager-and-HPE-TRIM/LogViewer-exe-error/m-p/6840218#M959

8 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: Audit Log Viewer Issue

The .talf files are associated (or at least should be) to the HPE records Manager Audit log viewer.

You should ensure that the machine you are working on has those talf files associated to HP.HPTRIM.logview

By default it is located HPERM install directory - <install direct> \Hewlett Packard Enterprise\Records Manager

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
bearhart74
Super Collector

I am using the x64 bit version of HPRM and the windows file association correctly points to C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Records Manager\HP.HPTRIM.LogView.exe.

Once i acknowledge the error condition Logview opens but with no content

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Can any other users open the file?

I would hazard a guess that the problem lies in the mixed versions. Can you open the file in the same version as the server?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
bearhart74
Super Collector

Changed the file association to C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Records Manager\HP.HPTRIM.LogView.exe.

Opened the .TALF from within HPRM 32 bit 8.2.0.7533 served on 8.1.0.7517 same error

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Can they be opened directly from the WGS?

bearhart74
Super Collector

The only way for me to open them is to get them out of HPRM and open them with a text editor like notepad

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

That is odd.

The only thing I can think of is if someone made some changes to the file so that the reader can't understand it.

Does it happen even with a new audit log? If you try it again make that it is not a mixed build environment.

If you can't get it to work create a support case and PM me the number and we can go into some more detail.

bearhart74
Super Collector

HPE Software Case #5308605924.

The files are new and untouched

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event