Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning workflows to groups or positions

Highlighted
_KC_
Regular Collector

Assigning workflows to groups or positions

I have been testing several of our workflows before implentation and have come across an issue that I hope I am able to fix, however at present I just don't have the know how.

When a workflow activity is assigned to a group or a position (with email address attached), the automated email that is sent from TRIM does not attach a tr5 link, or the workflow details (i.e. name, priority, due date, this activity is now ready to commence ... ensure completed by .... blahblah), instead it just states that the activity has been assigned (in the email subject line) and "This E-mail Message has been automatically generated by TRIM Context." in the message body.

I understand that the user can then go to their Activities Due tray and the workflow activity will be sitting there, where one user can then acquire the activity, but I am concerned that the details of the activity - and a tr5 link - aren't included in their notifiication email.

Am I just having a blonde day :smileywink: and have missed something, or is there a way I can configure TRIM to stop shooting blanks in these instances?

Thanks

10 REPLIES
Mark de Berg
Collector

Re: Assigning workflows to groups or positions

Have you tried creating a custom E-mail Template? This feature allows you to add additional information and the TR5 file.

_KC_
Regular Collector

No I haven't Mark. Have never created one - but I'll give it a whurl now. Cheers

Mark de Berg
Collector

Just remember to re-start the Event Services once you have created the template. Also note that I have encounter some difficulties with getting this to work consistently.

Sander Hoogwerf
Honored Contributor

TRIM probably prevents the TR5 to be attached because the group has no login rights into TRIM. Not having login access usually means you cannot access the dataset and a TR5 link us of no use. This is making using groups more difficult in TRIM for tasks such as this.

You may try giving the group a dummy login account and see if the TR5 link is sent when the group has login rights. Unfortumately this takes up licences just to have TR5 links attached, which probably isn't what you want.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
_KC_
Regular Collector

Created an email template and restrated the Event Server. Template works like a charm ... until you allocate it to a group. Same deal, no TR5 file, however it doesnt delete all the email contents - I have the additional text "This Activity is now ready to commence. Could you please ensure that it is completed by 25/05/2010 at 9:38 AM." I might have to try create a dummy login for a group and see if that is what is restricting not only the tr5 attachment, but also some of the message body. Am using 6.24.1236, maybe there is a bug associated with this version?

Think this is a job for Monday.

Grundy
Honored Contributor

See if the system option is turned on "Only E-mail TRIM References to Locations that can login to TRIM"?

This is under Tools > Context Admin > System options > Locations tab.

If it's ticked, try turning it off and see if that fixes the problem. :smileyhappy:

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
_KC_
Regular Collector

Thanks for the help guys - however, it appears the only way that I can get the email to send with a tr5 file (and the full message) is as Sander suggested - assign a network login to the group.

"Only email TRIM references to locations that can login to TRIM" was ticked, I unticked it, restarted the event server, but still no avail, so I inserted a current user (who was not currently logged on to TRIM) in the network login details, and lo and behold - it worked.

Obviously I dont want to use up all my TRIM licences on groups just to get the workflows to send tr5 links. If I had one dummy login and used it for all groups, however allocated the correct email to each group, does TRIM take this one dummy login as one license assigned to seperate groups - or does TRIM actually take one seat each time "Accept logins for this user, using login name" is ticked?

EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Placing a value into the login name field will use up a license.  

Grundy
Honored Contributor

TRIMette wrote:
does TRIM actually take one seat each time "Accept logins for this user, using login name" is ticked?

Yep, when that option is ticked and a network login is typed in, it uses a 'seat'.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
_KC_
Regular Collector

Well that sucks - to be frank. It would take 11 licenses at a minimum which just isnt feasible for the long term. It's a shame that TRIM doesnt allow the user to  assign mutliple users to a workflow activity as that would obviously be ideal. Thanks for your help anyway guys.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event