Client Support
cancel

Assignee set to Home is still displaying a due for return date

Highlighted
catalonia
Regular Collector

Assignee set to Home is still displaying a due for return date

Hi,

We are running v8.1.1 on Windows 8.1 - 64 bit operating system, 32 bit MS Office and 32 bit RM8.1.1

All my file records show the Assignee field as 'At Home' but then have a series of seemingly unrelated dates.  Eg. At home since Friday 6th March 2015 at 6:36pm (last Wednesday, 1 April 2015 at 3:12pm) (Due Back on Friday 20 March 2015 at 6:36pm)  - I will try to attach a screenshot.

It then will not let me set a new assignee, unless I change the due back date to be prior to another seemingly unrelated date which was 3 April at 9:09pm.  Then it will allow me to set the new assignee, revert it back to the home location which then wipes all these dates off the Assignee field and lets me assign it correctly to a new assignee for the default 14 day period as set on the Record Type.

So each file has to be manually re-set to the home location before I can utilise the barcode scanning option to set a new assignee.  According to our records staff, this happens quite frequently.  Is there a reason for it and how do I fix it?  I cannot implement barcode scanning if it will only result in errors.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: Assignee set to Home is still displaying a due for return date

Are active audit events enables on the record?

You should look through the history of the audit and see if there is anything in there that indicates how it has been assigned out.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
catalonia
Regular Collector

Thank you ,

Let me check and get back.

catalonia
Regular Collector

Hi,

You can see from the screenshots below that the Assignee was set as part of the record creation process

catalonia
Regular Collector

Hi guys,

Please help me on this issue. :)

Neil Summers
HPE Expert

None of this looks normal, and I've been unable to replicate it here. I'd say the best approach for you is to log a support case (if you haven't already). Chances are the support engineer will need a lot more information, and possibly even your database, to figure out what's going on.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event