An Error [c0000005] occurred viewing this document - Trim Viewer

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
OrinW
Trusted Contributor.

An Error [c0000005] occurred viewing this document - Trim Viewer

Hey TRIM Gurus,

I have a client who when viewing documents in the TRIM viewer is being presented with the error above. I have tried reinstalling TRIM 7.2.1.3519 and he also experiances this problem on another users PC.

The current OS is Windows XP.

Any suggestions or fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Orin

5 REPLIES
user33
Respected Contributor.

Re: An Error [c0000005] occurred viewing this document - Trim Viewer

1. What's the error messaege look like ? Can you attach that,
  2. Is it only a single user or all the users experiencing this issue
  3. Did you re-install client and Server both and if yes are your client and server both  7.2.1.3519

Pls confirm these before we look into.

OrinW
Trusted Contributor.

Hey User33,

1) Please find attached to this post the Error message in TRIM Viewer. The document briefly opens for a quater of a second so perhaps the viewer is crashing?

2) Just the one user that I am aware of.

3) Only the client side. I dont manage the Server side. I have been informed that it is 7.2.1.3519 also.

user33
Respected Contributor.

If it is only one user out of the many experiencing this issue around TRIM Viewer.

Can you check the size of the document which he's trying to load/open. (On the same lines can this user not open a specific extension or a specifc file or does this happen with all the files he tries to access using TRIM Viewer).

Can you get another user to perform a similar action and see if he experiences this issue, if he doesn't, probably it is the user profile which is the cause.

Alternatively, at times security violation can cause this, Can you look into Event Viewer and check the error message recorded when the user performs this action.

Let us know how you go.

OrinW
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

Hey User33,

Only user we have heard of experiancing the issue.

It is about 850KB and has been Finalised.

I logged in on his pc and I had no trouble and he was still experiancing the issue on another computer also. We use roaming profiles here so it was a good suggestion. After resetting his profile to a blank new one he was still experiancing the issue.

I then remembered that TRIM 7.2 held settings on the Server instead of the registry so I tried a Get Global which fixed the issue. I then restored his profile which resulted in the problem returning but was fixed by executing Get Global again.

Thanks for your help User33.

Orin

Adam_Ledwos
Respected Contributor.

My Organisation has been experiencing this error (when attempting to view/edit docs and view emails) since we upgraded to 7.21 a month ago. A support case was logged with HP who reported that other organisations have been experiencing this error. A CRID was raised and HP support advised:

"The CRID number for your reference is 44627 this will be fixed in a future 7.2 release.
There doesn't look to be any suitable workaround for this issue"

The error is intermittent - i.e the doc or email may open after the 3rd or 4th attempt or if you attempt again after a delay, so your "Get Global" workaround may not continue to work - worth keeping an eye on.

HP - I hope the fix comes soon - our users are extremely frustrated.

Adam