cancel

Administrator rights

Highlighted
harjitgill
Contributor.

Administrator rights

Hi,

We have a small problem where our Trim administrator has lost his admin rights. The question is how do i give him back his admin rights when i don't have them myself and nobody else has admin rights in our office. Is there a safe mode within Trim so i can grant him admin rights back? and also we get an error when we try to connect to the database which states TRIM Workgroup serverTRIMTRN failed.server execution failed(#8080005).

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance

Harjit

6 REPLIES
EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Administrator rights

Because this is related to managing the administrative rights of accounts in TRIM I think it'd be best to log a ticket with HP to get the support.... would hate to outline, in an open forum, how to do this.
harjitgill
Contributor.

OK thanks but we do have another problem when trying to connect to the dataset. We get an Oracle error that states the following.

Errors were ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

SQL was select * from tstwrsys with (nolock)

And we can get to the dataset online.

Thanks

Harjit

harjitgill
Contributor.

Sorry i meant we can't get to the dataset online it states that we can use this dataset offline
Grant
Trusted Contributor.

Harjit,

Your error message is a bit concerning.  The "(nolock)" bit is a SQL Server proprietary hint to bypass concurrency/locking shortcomings that TRIM uses, but your error message "ORA-00933" is from an Oracle DB - you should never see these two things together.  I suspect your dataset configuration is a bit messed up.  What database are you actually using, and what connection string do you have defined in ent. studio?  (don't paste your password from that connection string here ... just the rest)

G.

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

It's possible he selected SQL Server from the list of dataset connection types but used an Oracle connection string?

I havn't tried this, but I can't imagine how TRIM would issue the nolock clause to Oracle otherwise...

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
Ryan Winston
Outstanding Contributor.

As to the first question; login to the TRIM server with the account you want to restore and do a Schema Repair.  This will give the account admin privs again.