Client Support
cancel

A n00b asks: How do I configure a report or stats to show people who aren't using TRIM

Highlighted
staticgirl
Regular Contributor.

A n00b asks: How do I configure a report or stats to show people who aren't using TRIM

Hi

Is there a way of documenting people that aren't using TRIM in any way? I've only just had training in basic aspects of TRIM admin and would love the sorten the process from doing a standard stats report and then matching it up to a staff list elsewhere....

4 REPLIES
EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: A n00b asks: How do I configure a report or stats to show people who aren't using TRIM

staticgirl,

The standard record statistical reports out of TRIM will indicate users that haven't performed the function in TRIM (based on the functional output of the report).  So if you want to see who hasn't created something, then run the statistical report and remove people who have more than "1" in the columns.  It's a very time consuming thing to achieve this though, especially because you have to run many of the different reports and merge them together.

If you're wanting to consolidate this into one major report via the SDK and database, you can profile the SQL server during the generation of the reports to figure out what the SQL commands are to figure out the exact commands.

I've built just this for quite a few clients.  It took a while to sort out all of the commands and queries, so I'm definitely not giving that out for free on the web! :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Erik

staticgirl
Regular Contributor.

Re: A n00b asks: How do I configure a report or stats to show people who aren't using TRIM

Thanks ever so. I don't know the first thing about SQL and stuff as I'm not an IT worker but thanks for your clear explanation and it sounds like the best option is to match it against the staff list :smileyhappy:

EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you want a demo of what the report could look like, we sell them.... am not trying to push my warez on you here, just giving you options.

Otherwise if you're able to do any Vbscripting, you could easily write a routine to at least remove all rows where someone did something (thereby giving you those that didn't) from the standard reports.

staticgirl
Regular Contributor.

No I can't do anything like that, I'm afraid although I shall google what you've said in case I can get training. I suspect them of confusing systems admin with office admin. I'm the office admin. :smileyhappy: I'm going along with it though because I've discovered I like playing with TRIM.

I also suspect IT would kill me and wear my skin if I asked them to buy anything in the current climate. But thank you for the offer and your help. It's great!