cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to download configuration files

Highlighted
pjmiebach_1

unable to download configuration files

I get the following message when trying to perform a settings migration OS deployment: "unable to download configuration files"

Story:
1. the server notifies the client and installs the settings migration software
2. after a few moments, a msg pops up saying that policy requires the computer is install a new os ->click yes to install
3. it will then give the error “unable to download configuration files”->I click ok to that since that is the only option
4.the settings migration manger program starts and requests to backup the user's preferences and files.
5. after successful backup of settings, i click ok and then the system restarts the is now downloading the OS image.

I created the template for the backup prior to this and uploaded the three files to the proxy upload folder. I perform just a settings migration before without OS deployment and never got this error.
3 REPLIES

Re: unable to download configuration files

pmiebach,

What version of HPCA are you using (you can see this in the Support area of the Configuration tab)?
Are the personalities successfully captured from the system with the settings you defined? You should be able to tell from extraction logs found in the Novadigm\ProxyServer\upload directory of the HPCA Server.

Thanks,
Ben
pjmiebach_1

Version : 07.20.000 Build Date : 20080711014530

The extraction process did complete.

Sounds like it may just be an erroneous message, then. Can you open a support ticket on this?

Thanks,
Ben
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event