cancel

setting the timer after policy wants to reimage device

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
pjmiebach_1
Outstanding Contributor.

setting the timer after policy wants to reimage device

Is it possible to modify the timer that the user sees when the policy for the device has changed and a new OS is to be deployed to the device? The timer starts and says the system will reboot automatically in 12 hours or something and the user can either reboot now or cancel the timer. Is there a way to disable the timer or change the amount of time on the timer?
6 REPLIES
Biju V George!
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: setting the timer after policy wants to reimage device

Hi,

Your question is not clear !!. Are you talking about about the OS manager or the timer for software connect ??.

Thanks
Biju
pjmiebach_1
Outstanding Contributor.

in HPCA standard, when I want a client's machine to be reimaged, in the console I removed entitlement of the current OS and I then deploy the new OS to the group. if a user is currently logging into windows, a window will pop asking if it's ok to reboot and install the new OS since policy for that device has changed. The user can either say yes, or cancel and there is also a timer, countdown clock, that starts at around 12 hours and will count down until 0sec left and will reboot the machine automatically.
Karl Skelton
Acclaimed Contributor.

This is one of those features that are not customisable in CAS but are customisable in CA Enterprise.
If you require the countdown timer to be amendable in CAS then you'd need to submit and enhancement request.
But my question is; what's the issue with the 12hr countdown?

Karl.
pjmiebach_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Oh just a client wanted to know if we can modify the countdown that's all.
Karl Skelton
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

OK then, well i think the answer would be no for CAS, not without an ER to make this available.
pjmiebach_1
Outstanding Contributor.

yeah I contacted HP and they said there is no option in standard to set the time. Only in enterprise.