The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

package silent installation in CAS 7.9

Highlighted
keshavaprasad
Occasional Contributor

package silent installation in CAS 7.9

Hello All,

Could anyone help me how to publish a package to install in silent mode in CAS 7.9

Thanks
Keshav.
4 REPLIES
Colin Grant
Frequent Visitor

Re: package silent installation in CAS 7.9

This forum's really for CAE, not CAS - try http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=579

You'd need to provide far more information on what you're trying to publish though - is it a legacy Setup.EXE, a standard MSI, a complex multi-MSI (such as Office 2007), etc, etc.
keshavaprasad
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
Thanks for reply,
I am trying to publish winrar.msi file
in client system it is popping up a window asking click on next to finish installation.

Please help me to make installation without asking any question.

Regards
keshav.
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

Depending on how the app was packaged this may\may not work.

On the Operations tab go to Software Management\Software Library.
Select the service in question and on the Software Properties page check the value in the "Install Command Line:"
If the value is RadiaMSI /i then you can add the MSI switch that calls a silent install - typically /qn. This switch needs to be in quotes so the complete install cmd would be
RadiaMSI /i "/qn"

If your install cmd line is simply calling a batch file then the above won't apply.

HTH.

Karl
keshavaprasad
Occasional Contributor

thanks for the support.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event