Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

issues with OS management CAS 7,8

Highlighted
pipefarr
Frequent Contributor.

issues with OS management CAS 7,8

Hi, We try to capture an imagen (windows 7, reference machine) with HP CAS 7,8, the process runs, and image is upload to the HPCA server, but when we try to publish the IMAGE.WIM files does not are generate, on file upload exists image.SWD and image.EDM. Can you help me? please, what is the issue?

note: We copied unnated.xml to reference machine and installed the Windows AIK. Any sugestion, any problem with the step for capture the image? Thank you!!

Regards

pipefarr
8 REPLIES
Steve Berube
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: issues with OS management CAS 7,8

I asked a colleague about this and they responded:

'Think they mean swm not swd which means the file exceeded 4gb and got split. Simply add unattend and subs as per doc and publish.'
pipefarr
Frequent Contributor.

Steve, thanks for your answer, now have another problem, when we took the image on a Windows machine 7 in the C: partition is 240GB, is captured correctly, but when we deploy the image on the new machine the partition C : there is only 20GB,
you know that this happening?
any ideas?

thanks

Regards
Ralf Van Dorsse
HPE Expert

Hello,

OSM sizes the initial partition it creates for the OS dynamically based on the size of the WIM file, a multiplication factor, the size of your RAM and some overhead. That is why the partition is 20GB.

If you want to extend it (I assume you are using ImageX as the installation method), you need to add the XML snippet below to your unattend.xml in the specialize settings pass.

If you are using Winsetup as the installation method, it should have worked OOTB assuming you used the correct unattend.xml sample HPCA provides.

Rgds,
Ralf

UNATTEND.XML SNIPPET:

true

pipefarr
Frequent Contributor.

Ralf,

thank you for your answer, but I have a question about the information,
the file UNATTEND.xml, should be modified in the reference machine or folder HPCA server upload?

We are using ImageX method.

Regards
Justin Walsh
New Member.

Hello,

You'll want to do the modification on the machine where you are publishing the image.

Regards,

Justin
Marcin Wiecek
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

I have the same problem with creating partition. ExtendOSPartition is working. Ok, but what when I would like to create more partition or with other size?

I have this code:

true

Primary

true
Primary

true
NTFS

S
0x27

NTFS

OnError

OnError

This code working when I deploy image only with Microsoft Tools. When I deploy image via HP Tools with HPCA (PrepWiz) I got partition like in this thread (1gb and 20gb). Why? How to resolve this?

Regards,
Marcin Wiecek
Marcin Wiecek
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

I am using CAS 7.8 and Windows 7 Enterprise.

Regards,
Marcin Wiecek
HP_Thomas
New Member.

Hi Ralf and Pipefarr,
I have the same problem with Windows 7, the partition C:\ has only 20GB.

Can you tell me the correct syntax for "specialize pass settings"? How can i solve the problem?

Thanks,
Regards.