Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

commandline regarding FORCE OS INSTALL

Highlighted

commandline regarding FORCE OS INSTALL

Hi all,

Does anyone know the commandline for FORCE OS INSTALL ?

I want to know if there is a commandline available, so I can make a custom action in Service Desk, so that the helpdesk crew can give this command, without having access to any Radia component.

Thanks in advance,

Dirk-Jan
13 REPLIES
Biju V George!
Honored Contributor

Re: commandline regarding FORCE OS INSTALL

Hi Dirik,

You can initiate an Notify from SD. But not an OS reinstall command from SD.

Biju

Hi Biju,

That is exactly what I want to do. I have to make a custom action in SD, and I have to fill in a commando that is done when the helpdesk crew is using it.

Do you know how to do this?

Regards,

Dirk-Jan
Biju V George!
Honored Contributor

You can try this !!

radntfyc [CI Hostname] radskman ip=RADIA_RCS_IP,port=radia_port,context=m,cop=y...........

Biju
Arthur Too

u can give this a try.

radskman ip=|mgr_ip|,port=|mgr_port|,dname=OS,cat=prompt,ulogon=n,context=m,ask=n,cop=y,catexp=ZOBJDOMN:OS,ver=y
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

You should use the RMP to do this.
There is a task for it.
Mike Vaughn
Frequent Visitor

There is more to this than simply notifying the client via a script from Service Desk.

You also must "invalidate" the device in the management portal. If you have multiple zones, you must "invalidate" in the correct mangement portal.

Jason_Rossi
Regular Collector

There is a script todo this...

I know the name of it OSMANAGE.TCL it emulates tasks like "reevaluate", "forceosinstall"...

I am hunting for it also...

I gave up since the script will be useless in a month or so with the new version of the Portal...
Mike Vaughn
Frequent Visitor

A scripted method will still be a requirement for most customers even with the new version.

We use a script now as part our "helpdesk" tool kit. Admins in our QA and Developement area use the script standalone. They never use RMP.

Given that the RMP is headed towards a more open standard, I would imagine that scripting against it will still be an option.
Jason_Rossi
Regular Collector

I totally agree, a scripting method would be needed regardless...

But I was just suggesting that the script since it was proprietary would not likely survive a major portal version, once the new portal is out (and a little time passes) I intended to redouble my efforts to find the new script (or at least confirm if the old one works).

Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

It is my understanding that DSML will not be support in the V5 RMP as it will use openldap.
I also understand that it will use Appache so the creation of Tasks may be doable but it's not clear to me just yet.
Mike Vaughn
Frequent Visitor

Anyone heard a date on the next release?

Jason_Rossi
Regular Collector

Q1 2007, we are counting on getting it...
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

March 31 is the date I heard..
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event