Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

Want to delete devices from HPCM 5.1

Highlighted
intrud3r
Regular Contributor.

Want to delete devices from HPCM 5.1

hello,
i am using hpcm5.1 with sql server database.
my problem is that in my report i am getting a large no. of devices managed by hpcm out of which some device are not in network but in report they are still exist.duw to this i am not getting correct information about software information and other information for all the device for audit purpose.
i just want to delete the devices which are not in my network so that i can get correct no. of device count in my enviroment.

Thanks in Advance!! :)
1 REPLY
Karl Skelton
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Want to delete devices from HPCM 5.1

In v5.1 there is no out of the box method to clean up reporting server DB, but it would be a simple job for your SQL DB admin to write a script that removes the data based on device ID.
The basic rule to do this is to remember that you have two types of tables in the out of the box Radia DB; there are:
1. Native Radia tables - and in these tables the device is referenced in the DEVICE_ID column.
2. WBEM tables - and in these tables the device is referenced in the USER_ID column.

Take and look at the tables in the DB and you should see what I mean.

So therefore you can create a simple SQL script that deletes from both sets of tables using either DEVICE_ID or USER_ID. Something like that anyway...

HTH.

Karl.