The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service creation for Servicve Pack

Highlighted
kaps_1
Regular Collector

Service creation for Servicve Pack

Hi

How to create a service for Service Pack. I am able to see the servicepack but I am not able to see the service for it.

So How can I connect to the users

Please advise

Regards
Kaps
5 REPLIES
Thompson, Jim
Honored Contributor

Re: Service creation for Servicve Pack

If you right-click on the package instance within System Explorer, one of the items on the shortcut menu will be 'New Application Wizard'.

The wizard will prompt you for some information and create a ZSERVICE instance for you. You can then entitle the Service to users.

But, if this is a Service Pack, you will probably want to edit the ZSVCPRI (Service Create Ordering) attribute on the ZSERVICE instance and set it to 60 to ensure that it is installed AFTER your other services.
"Well...it depends..."
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

You should not have to create one.
This sounds like you haven't really acquired it yet.
Thompson, Jim
Honored Contributor

Ooops...didn't realize this was the 'Patch' forum. I answered the question as if it was a Software type service pack.

Roy's right...you shouldn't ever have to create a service manually in the PATCHMGR domain.
"Well...it depends..."
Thompson, Jim
Honored Contributor

Actually, it sounds like he's exported the Bulletin instead of the Zservice...

Are you looking at the environment that you initially acquired the Patch in, or have you exported it and imported it into another environment?

If so, check your export script...if it's calling RADDBUITL and it specifies a BULLETIN, you will not have a ZSERVICE and not be able to deploy the patch. You need to export the ZSERVICE (instead of the Bulletin) in order to get all the required pieces in your export decks...
"Well...it depends..."
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

The Service Pack (SP) class contains attribute information regarding SPs. It is not a connection class for the aggregation of resources (files and stuff).
You can not create a Service with it.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event