The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP1 for Office2003

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
LeMat
Collector

SP1 for Office2003

Hi,
I'm trying to install SP1 as a patch managed by RPM2.1 on a machine with Office2k3, at first Iscanned for Patch Vulnerability and I got message on reporting: PATCH RISK Bulletin MSSP-OFFICE-2003_1 - risks have been detected. So when I attach yhe patch service installation fails. What can I do to force this installation when I'm sure that there's no risk in this patch??

Kind regards
LM
8 REPLIES
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SP1 for Office2003

Not sure I fullly understand your question.
However I would expect that if you entitle the patch and run a connect the patch would be applied.
Biju V George!
Honored Contributor

Hi Lemat,

It's not clear from your statement 'I attach yhe patch service installation fails.' Where did u attach the service???.

I would not do Application patches using Radia Patch Manager. I would infact update my ACP/AIP using the msp files from microsoft. This methord is easy to use from operational point of view.Then I would disable the acquiring of Application Patches from the Patch Manger & retire those patches which I have already downloaded.

Biju
LeMat
Collector

hi
I have attached this service (with patch SP1) to the machine which has Office2k3 already installed (I did it in system explorer).
I need to do this using Radia Patch Manager. So I thing there must be a way how to force Radia to install this patch althought the warning message.
Could you tell something more about how to update ACP/AIP with this files? Are there any docs regarding this issue?
Regards
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

Managing Office patches is discussed in the RPM Guide about page 98.
It does recommend (like Biju) that you apply SPs to the ACP/AIP. Look at .msp packaging on page 63 of the Admin Guide.
Biju V George!
Honored Contributor

Hi Lemat,

Refer to the doc as Roy said, Let us know if you need more info...

Biju
LeMat
Collector

Hi Roy,
are you talking about Administrator Workstation Publisher Guide? I opened the Office2003SP1-kb842532-fullfile.exe in WinZIP and copied all 3 .mst files from it:
- MAINSP1ff.msp - the largest with main data to update
- OWC11SP1ff.msp
- OWC102003SP1ff.msp

Then I run publisher, chose MAINSP1ff.msp and chosen my Office2k3 service (the only visible in menu), and when I click Next I get message:
this MSI package cannot be patched by the MSP file you chose.

What else can I do?
Biju V George!
Honored Contributor

Hi Lemat,

Follow these steps !!!

Do the publishing as you do with any MSI package.. so you will have an ACP or AIP created..create ACP from command prompt.. do not use Radia Interface to create ACP

run the below commad on ACP to update the ACP with the SP1 or Sp2.

navigate to ACP folder then issue.

msiexec /a pro11.msi /p c:\msp_folder_path\MAINSP2ff.msp SHORTFILENAMES=true

so this will update the ACP. Then copy the .mst file from HP. Open Publisher and publish it to RCS database.

Biju
LeMat
Collector

Done.

Thanks for all help
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event