Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

Radia Self Maintenance

Highlighted
DET2
Outstanding Contributor.

Radia Self Maintenance

Hi

We are in the process of upgrading/patching our existing radia clients using the radia self maintenance. I have read the necessary manuals and tested it in our test labs, and all appears to work ok (the necessary files are upgraded etc.).

Just got a quick question however. What happens if we want to roll back to an older version (maybe due to conflicting issues etc...)

How do we go about doing this? as from what i have read, if the file is newer then the original source it will not replace it (as its newer). Is there are setting where once you disable that patch, the original files will be restored ?

thanks

4 REPLIES
Roy O Gatewood_
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Radia Self Maintenance

Client maintenance is an import deck from support with all of the appropriate configurations.
I can not imagine why you would want to roll it back.
If there is an issue and a fix is provided it would be applied on top of existing modules.
There is no rollback/restore type functionality.
DET2
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks for the reply. I guess the reason why i asked is because we are an enterprise organization with over 20,000 machines, so if we were to upgrade the clients and found there was a major issue affecting our environment after the upgrade, we could roll back to the previous versions (where we knew was stable). Not sure of what the turn around might be if we were to find an issue with the upgrade, and we were to wait for HP to come up with a fix for this.

Roy O Gatewood_
Acclaimed Contributor.

I do understand.
The issue is that unless you manage the entire client or have a previous patch set in place there's nothing to restore from.
If there is a previous version then you could remove the Connection and it would put the old stuff back just like other managed objects.
DET2
Outstanding Contributor.

unfortunetly we do not manage the entire client. We firstly install the radia client via logon script, then subsequent upgrades/patches are done via the self maintenance. We will just have to make sure our testing is adequate before making the change. I have found in our testing environment that the only time it will revert the files back to the previous version is if you were to delete those updated files first (however you are unable to remove all files as some are in use - obviously you would need to disable the latest update and re-enable the previous update first before deleting those files).

thank you for your help