Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

Radia Patch acquisition error

Highlighted
sandeep mathur
Occasional Visitor

Radia Patch acquisition error

Hi All,

I have started new patch acquistion on 17/12/2008 at 6.18 pm but it is still it is showing patch acquistion is in progress. But i got error in httpd-3466.error.txt. I have attached that file. Please update me.

Points assured.

Thanks in advance,
Sandeep.
7 REPLIES
Biju V George!
Honored Contributor

Re: Radia Patch acquisition error

Hi,

Pls attach the Patch acquire. log. The process could be hung.

Thanks
Biju
sandeep mathur
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have attached the patch acquire.log look into it.

Regards,
Sandeep.
Manohark
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

I have gone through the log that you posted. Initially the connection has some problems connecting to the microsoft feed. But later it started downloading patches properly.

As you said it is taking a long time to download the patches the reason being you have not excluded the products appropriately. Generally we specify the patch acquisition for the products based on the service pack level already present in our environment for OS. As you dont need to patch the machines with the old patches when you have preceeding SP installed.

I could see that the patch manager is trying to download the patches way back from 2004 onto your machine. If it is requirement and you are doing it knowing, it is expected to take this long. If that is not the case you can stop the acquisition and start a fresh acquiisition with appropriate exclusions and mentioning appropriate year to dwonload the patches from.

Thanks
Manohar
sandeep mathur
Occasional Visitor

Hi Manohar,

It is taking much much longer time, 2 days are over after starting the new acquisition still it is in progress it shows and also when i go thro' the log files it shows the same error called " error flushing in the socket, connection reset by peer". why this error ll come again and again after every 2-5 mins.We have changed the proxy connections (with and without proxy) we have tried but still getting the same error.

Please let me know whats the actual problem.

Regards,
Sandeep.
Manohark
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

I am seeing same issue on some other threads also. This seems to be a problem from server side at microsoft not from the application. It seems that the connections are getting refused on the server which is giving the socket error.

To differentiate this you can try acquiring some other vendor patches and confirm which gives us clear idea on where the problem is lying exactly.

Thanks
Manohar
sandeep mathur
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have tried acquiring some other vendor patches but still i am getting the same error.

Regards,
Sandeep.
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

The errors at the start of the log suggest you have proxy server issues. You don't specify any proxy url, id or password in the patch manager. Do you have a proxy gateway in your environment?

Also, why are you still on such an old version. PM2.2 is very dated now and to at some point MS will be switching off the MSSECURE feed - they were supposed to do this Oct 2007! - at this point there will be no more MS patches for you!
I recommend you look to upgrade to at least PM v3.0.3 or even the latest v7.2 code (which will require a complete migration).

Lastly. forget about acquiring MS08*. Just test with one patch and get it working. Then do MS08*.

Karl.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event