Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

Radia Patch Manager - Windows Servers

Highlighted
Kevin Parry_1
Occasional Contributor

Radia Patch Manager - Windows Servers

Hi,
I am attempting to use Radia Patch Manager to manage our Windows Server estate and I was wondering if anyone else is using Patch Manager in this way and if they have experienced any problems. In particular, reprobing a server after a patch deployment (which requested a reboot) without rebooting the server.
Thanks
Kevin
2 REPLIES
Jake Burman
Collector

Re: Radia Patch Manager - Windows Servers

Kevin,

The Radia Patch product works great. I've been using it and implementing it for a while now, and I haven't had any problems.

For servers, just ensure you supress the Radia reboot. The probing/auditing for patch vulnerabilities works fine if you suppress the reboot. The Patch will show installed, but requires reboot. Once the server is rebooted, the reports will update. You'll need to Acquire/Download the new patches from Microsoft (and/or others) regularly to stay current. Microsoft has been known to release patches, with errors in the xml feed for patch updates (ie: incorrect commandline for silent install). HP fixes these xml feed errors by suplimenting the feed with additional information from HP. But, there may be a small lag in those updates, so make sure you test new patch installations before you deploy them to your production equipement.

_jake Burman
Pepperweed Consulting, LLC
www.pepperweed.com
Kevin Parry_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: Radia Patch Manager - Windows Servers

Hi Jake,
I am glad to see that there is someone else using Radia Patch Manager for windows servers. Have you tried repobing a server following a previous patch probe, which detected a vulnerability and installed a Bulletin that required a reboot, without rebooting the server. We have found in our environment that the reboot indicator in the Patch Manager reports is replaced green tick, even though the reboot has not been performed. I was wondering if you have observed this
Kevin
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event