Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radia Patch Acquisition

Highlighted
r4vinodtpr
Regular Collector

Radia Patch Acquisition

Hi all,

I have a doubt regarding Radia Patch Manager Acquisition.I have downloaded an MS06-034 directly from the Internet and copied those files to the folder in the Radia Patch Manager server ( c:\Novadigm\integrationserver\data\patch\microsoft\ms06-034). Then I ran the command nvdkit ./modules/patch.tkd acquire -bulletins ms06-034.

Will the above command updates the Radia Configuration Server in the Patch Domain ( Will the bulletin be updated in RCS)...

Its Urgent...

Waiting for your reply

Thanks in advance

Vinod r Kumar
14 REPLIES
Biju V George!
Honored Contributor

Re: Radia Patch Acquisition

Hi Vinod,

There is no need of downloading the patches manually. The acquisition will download and package it.

Biju
Jamshed_1
Occasional Visitor

I have checked the logs you posted in an older thread. Here' what i think is happening:

The logs show that patch publisher was unable to connect to:
-tcp://managementsoftware.hp.com

20060724 18:50:22 Info: http1: CLOSE tcp://managementsoftware.hp.com:80
20060724 18:50:22 Error: Error syncing from web: couldn't open socket: invalid argument

-also to http://download.microsoft.com

20060724 18:50:22 Error: HTTP error while downloading http://download.microsoft.com/d....

The error specifically points to a dns resolution problem.
Please check your dns configuration. Use the command prompt to ping download.microsoft.com and managementsoftware.hp.com

best regards,
jamshed
r4vinodtpr
Regular Collector

Hi Biju,

I know that we can download directly from the internet.but my point is can we directly copy those patch files(.exe/.msi format) to the novadigm folder and run the acquisition, so that it updates the patch manager database.Any way to do this.

Regards
vinod r kumar
Jamshed_1
Occasional Visitor

what you are saying is possible and it is the default behaviour. Patch file are automatically checked under local directory before being fetched from remote url.

When you run an acquisition here's what steps are taken by patch publisher:
1. check hp site for latest patch xml files
2. download patch catalogs from microsoft site.
3. then process each bulletin specified in the parameter -bulletins. during this process the missing patch files are either taken from local directory or downloaded.
4. synchronize MSSQL and RCS databases.

Now if step 1 or 2 fails then the publisher automatically uses the last catalogs.

You can also post your latest acquisition logs for us to look at. You last logs showed a dns resolution error.

kind regards,
jamshed
r4vinodtpr
Regular Collector

Hi,

Thanks Jamshed.But my point is i dont have internet connectivity n my lab,so i have copied the microsoft patches MS06-034 thru Flash drive direclty to my RCS server with Patch manager installed.Then i ran the command which gave me the error which i have send u the log file.Can u tell me is it not possible to copy the patch directly and run the command or should we have the internet connectivity ?

Thanks
Vinod r Kumar
Jamshed_1
Occasional Visitor

Hi Vinod,
Then you'll also need to download:
a.http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/d/b/0db2e5d7-0ba9-4856-b51f-db7c0b838c68/MSSecure_1033.CAB
b.http://download.windowsupdate.com/microsoftupdate/v6/wsusscan/wsusscan.cab

Put them under:
C:/Novadigm/IntegrationServer/data/patch/

regards,
jamshed
r4vinodtpr
Regular Collector

Hi Jamshed,

Thanks for the quick reply..can u tell me by just copying this 2 files in to the folder and run the nvdkit acquisition command will make to update in my Radia Patch Manager Server.

Thanks and regards
vinod r kumar
r4vinodtpr
Regular Collector

Hi,

Also i copied those 2 files but still i am not able to update the RCS Database with those patches..

Please help me out...its urgent
David A. Tjioe
Regular Collector

Hi Vinod,

Why do you want to use the acquisition method in your Lab environment?

In our Lab environment we also don't have an internet connection. We either export and import the patchmgr domain or we use RadDBUtil to move patches within different environments.

Greetz,

David
Jamshed_1
Occasional Visitor

Can you post the latest acquisiton logs?
I can be contacted online on gtalk jamshed.qureshi@gmail.com
r4vinodtpr
Regular Collector

Hi Jamshed

I have added to u in my contact..can u plz come online..iam waiting for u

Thanks and regards
vinod r kumar
r4vinodtpr
Regular Collector

Hi,

I have Radia Patch Manager and RCS installed.I need to Import/export the patches to another RCS Server.When i do that thru RADDBUTIL, iam able to export it properly but when i import it to another RCS Server it throws me some error.i have attached the log file.

Also i tried with ZEDMAMS command for importing the 3 files(xpr,xpc,xpi) to the RCS again the same problem.i have attached the log file...

could anyone tell me how to do that step by step ?

cheers
vinod r kumar
Moaeed Sajid
Occasional Visitor

Morning,

Wen running zedmams command, the RCS service must be stopped. Have you done this?

Moaeed
r4vinodtpr
Regular Collector

Hi,

I have stopped RCS.what else should be done.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event