Publishing Thin Client OS with CAS

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
RHR79
Super Collector

Publishing Thin Client OS with CAS

Hi,

I'm looking at publishing an XPe image in CAS 7.2. As the first step in preparing the reference machine, the HPCAS_AG_720.pdf doc describes the need to obtain the MS 'XPe Embedded Toolkit CD' so as to copy etprep.exe and fbreseal.exe onto the client.

As far as I can tell, this CD no longer exists and these files can't be obtained anywhere else at the moment(?). Trawling Google yields very few results.

Has anyone managed to do this or have any idea if this method is superseded by another approach? (the CAS 7.5 beta docs are the same as 7.2)

Thanks!
7 REPLIES
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Publishing Thin Client OS with CAS

Did you find the Toolkit?
I did some checking internally at HP and was told that you should get the XPe Toolkit at time of purchasing XPe OS. So maybe someone in the organisation has it!

HTH.

Karl @ HP Support
RHR79
Super Collector

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your response. I've found some copies of the files required in an eval copy of Windows Embedded Standard...for some reason they don't seem to be in the Windows XP Embedded eval. (I don't actually have a copy of the full OS unfortunately...rather just a thin client device to test on with XPe preinstalled!)

I'll give these a go when the new CAS eval key appears and report back.

Cheers
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

OK great. BTW... i put another chase on the eval license today! Here's hoping...
RHR79
Super Collector

brilliant - thanks!
RHR79
Super Collector

Just to confirm that the files required are available on the Windows Embedded Standard media and I've successfully tested them. Thanks to Karl for linking me.
RHR79
Super Collector

Files required located on the Windows Embedded Standard media
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

for anyone else that may be looking...
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM749967
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event