Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

Problems with patch management

Highlighted
jjesse
Contributor.

Problems with patch management

I am brand new to HP Client Configuration Manager and am having problems with patches. I have run the "Aquire Patches" task under common tasks and now don't see any patches when I go to deploy those patches.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
8 REPLIES
Roy O Gatewood_
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Problems with patch management

Not sure about CCM but in CM there is a syncronization step to publishe the patches to the CS once acquired.
In CM you must also assign the patches to clients.
jjesse
Contributor.

So I have ran the patch aquisition but I am unable to see any patches when I click on Patch management and then under the Patch section. Or when I try to deploy a patch, I don't see any patches listed.
i think I'm just running something wrong, somewhere?

Jonathan
Ben Sweetser
Honored Contributor.

Hi Jonathan,

Before you will acquire anything, you need to go to Configuration > Patch Management. Then click on the Settings tab. Tell the system you want to acquire Microsoft Patches and then identify the Microsoft patches you would like to acquire. After that, you will get patches when you run the acquisition. I would change the patches to acquire to MS06*,MS07*,MS08* to get all the patches from 2006 and later (or at least 2007 and later if you want). The first acquisition can take a couple hours, so I also recommend running it overnight.

Best regards,
Ben
jjesse
Contributor.

Ben,

Thanks for responding, I was able to get some patches accquired, but the only ones I see available for deployment are those flagged as custom.
In my patch management settings I have MS05*,MS06*,MS07*,MS08* setup.

Thanks again,

Jonathan
Ben Sweetser
Honored Contributor.

Hi Jonathan,

Did the acquisition complete successfully? Can you please post the acquisition log to the forum? You will find it on the CCM server under C:\Novadigm\PatchManager\log. That should hopefully give us a better indication of what is happening here.

Thanks,
Ben
jjesse
Contributor.

Good morning,

There are several files in the C:\Novadigm\PatchManager\logs file.
Ben Sweetser
Honored Contributor.

Hi Jonathan,

There was a recent patch for CCM 2.1 that updates an issue with Patch acquisition. I just thought of that problem. Please contact me at askben@hp.com, and I will help you obtain the patch.

Thanks,
Ben
Biju V George!
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I also faced the same issue with one of the implementations; i downloaded the latest CCM version from HP site. This solved the problem.

Thanks
Biju