The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch Acquisition Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
sandeep mathur
Occasional Visitor

Patch Acquisition Error

Hi Guys,

When i start the patch acquisition from CCM patch management.I am getting this type of error can u help me out:
20090305 17:01:02 Microsoft (R) Cabinet Extraction Tool - Version 5.1.2600.2180 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.. ERROR: Cannot open file: F:\Novadigm\PatchManager\data\patch\microsoft\package.cab child process exited abnormally while executing "exec [vfs::unpack [file join $::DIR extract.exe]] /Y /E /L [file native $wsus_dir] $pkgCabFile package.xml" (object "::Acquire::MSFT::wSUS0" method "::WSUS::fetch_wsusscan_cab" body line 28) invoked from within "$wsus_obj fetch_wsusscan_cab" (object "::Acquire::mSFT0" method "::Acquire::MSFT::fetch_mssecure_xml" body line 30) invoked from within "$p1 fetch_mssecure_xml"
20090305 17:01:02 Microsoft (R) Cabinet Extraction Tool - Version 5.1.2600.2180 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.. ERROR: Cannot open file: F:\Novadigm\PatchManager\data\patch\microsoft\package.cab child process exited abnormally
20090305 17:01:02 Unable to connect to microsoft feed

Please let me know.Points assured.

Regards,
Sandeep.
5 REPLIES
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

Re: Patch Acquisition Error

What version of CCM are you using?
If not using the latest 7.2 code i stronly recommend upgrade first. Many issues are fixed in the latest version.

Karl.
sandeep mathur
Occasional Visitor

Hi Karl,

I am using the CCM 2.0 version.Can u pls tell me how to upgrade CCM2.0 to CCM7.2.
Also,Client Automation Enterprise starter & std is that same as CCM with only name has been changed.

Pls tell me how to upgrade it.

Regards,
Sandeep.
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor
Solution

What version of CCM do you have? Basic or Premium? do you have a support contract for CCM?
If you have a support contract you should be able to get the latest CAS7.2 from the Software Update Manager site...
http://www.itrc.hp.com

If you just use the Basic - non licensed - version, you can download latest trial software here.
https://h10078.www1.hp.com/cda/hpms/display/main/hpms_content.jsp?zn=bto&cp=1-11-271-272_4000_100__

There's no difference between the licensed and trail software. The only difference is in the license key you use.

Yes... CCM and CAS are the same. Just new name and new features.

Note that support for CCM2.0 ended in Oct 08.

HTH.

Karl.
sandeep mathur
Occasional Visitor

Hi Karl,

I dont think we have support contract from HP for CCM.Are you suggesting me to uninstall CCM2.0 and then install HPCAS 7.2 trial version?.

Regards,
Sandeep.

Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

No. If you don't have a support contract my question to you is:
Where did you originally download the CCM software from?

I assume you went to the original CCM trail sw download page. If so then i see no reason why you cannot download the latest 7.2 trail software and use this with your current license file - i don't think the Basic\Starter license has an expirey date!

Rather than un-install\re-install check the docs that come with CA7.2. There should be a migration guide.

Karl.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event