Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

OS Image

Highlighted
Osama Selwadi
Super Contributor.

OS Image

Dear HP

I am preparing for a project to implement CCM 2.00 for Operating System Deployment functionality.

Would anybody please guide me through the clear steps for creating the OS image that should be deployed for the clients??

Regards

5 REPLIES
Biju V George!
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: OS Image

Hi Osama,

If i have got it right.. CCM does not support OS Manger..You need to upgrade to full fledged Radia OV CM 4.2.

Thanks
Biju
Osama Selwadi
Super Contributor.

Oh Dear
You just should hae a look to CCM 2.0
I am sure it does , but i am having a trouble in preparing thhe OS image using SYSPRP i don't have any experience in this utility??!!
Biju V George!
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Ok, It supports.. The older version that i had used was without OS manager..sorry for that.

Follow these ...

on the Machine from which u want to create a gold Image.. Copy the Sysprep contents from xp or win 2k CD to c:\sysprep , Install radia client and run sysprep.exe ..from c:\sysprep folder.this would take some time..then after some time it would reboot..now is the time to transfer the image to ROMS.

Note: Before you run the sysprep..do the necessary settings like desktop settings, proxy settings, empty the temp folder etc..

Hope it hepls...
Biju
Osama Selwadi
Super Contributor.

Thank you sir
Karl Skelton
Acclaimed Contributor.

Maybe you should look at the OVCCM v2 Admin guide that ships with the media. Page 181 refers to "Preparing and Capturing OS images".

HTH.

Karl.