Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

No Inventory data available

Highlighted
Sergiy Chupryk
Frequent Visitor

No Inventory data available

Hi guys

I have installed CCM then deployed agents to 3 devices (1 - Win2k3 SE SP1 with CCM Server on it, 1 - Win2k3 SE SP1 and 1 - WinXP)

Can someone tell me why it is written that UID and password are invalid? Where should I set them if I should? And why I have no inventory data even on CCM Server, where UID and password are OK?

Thanx in advance
10 REPLIES
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

Re: No Inventory data available

I see what you do but am more intereted to see the client connect log which would confirm whether the connect ran or not.
Not sure I can answer your question just yet.
Biju V George!
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Check if the RMS is configured to post the messages to DB.

Thanks
Biju
Sergiy Chupryk
Frequent Visitor

Hi again

I was out of office till today and now see that XP gathers inventory and transfers it to DB, that's great. The problem remains with Win2k3 PCs. Here is connect.log from CCM server (Win2k3). I worked with Radia previously and it seems to me that if C:\Program Files\Novadigm\Lib\system\Radia\AUDIT doesn't contain ZSERVICE dir - it means that something is wrong

BTW, I was using System DSN for connecting to remote DB (the DB is located on DC). This time I tried to use the same User DSN but nothing changed.
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

You should be using a System DSN.
Do I understand you correctly that only WIN2K3 platforms are having this issue?
If itâ s in the ASERVICE.EDM object but not being operated on then Iâ d make sure ZSVCMO was set to M.

There's a lot going on here. This looks like a single service connect.
I see an 812 for maintenance and the log ends with a 111.
As you say I donâ t see the client operating on the Services.
Make sure the client is truly entitled.
Sergiy Chupryk
Frequent Visitor

Yes, the problem is only with Win2k3. ZSVCMO is set to M in ASERVICE.EDM on all PCs.

Look at my test structure:
Win2k3: smu-dc.bms.com (role - DC + DB)
Win2k3: smu-server1.bms.com (role - CCM Server)
WinXP: smu-xp.bms.com

ZUSERID doesn't contain DNS suffix but ZIPADDR does. Could it be a reason of the problem?

Is there any possibility to choose what hardware/software inventory to perform (like using Radia System Explorer)?
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

Donâ t see any reason that it shouldnâ t work.
Iâ m not sure why I see a single service connect (sname= ).
What does the rest of the connect log look like?
If this client has had it run before and there isnâ t any delta to report you may not see much if you for some reason lost the initial connect.
Try removing the folder under ZSERVICE for it or delete the WBEMPREV.EDM object and run the connect again.

You can always create a custom AUDIT, the doc is pretty good on it.
Sergiy Chupryk
Frequent Visitor

Roy, there is no ZSERVICE and it is not being created when I run:
radsman sname=DISCOVER_INVENTORY,dname=AUDIT,startdir=SYSTEM,rtimeout=7200,port=3464,ip=smu-server1.bms.com,cop=y,mnt=y

When I tried this command without sname I got ZSERVICE but with MAINT_40 dir inside (nothing related to INVENTORY service there)

What doc did you mean? I'm using ccm20_w_ag.pdf but it is not enough :(
Sergiy Chupryk
Frequent Visitor

I've just tried to Publish some applications, entitle and then install them. It works for both XP and 2003. As I understand Hardware/Software Audit is not entitled to 2003. Where can I check the properties of standard policies? I mean something like ZSTOP value.
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

There should be a ZSTOP on the Service but I don't know if you can get at it.
Sergiy Chupryk
Frequent Visitor

Hi

It seems that CCM Server cannot recognize Win2k3 PCs correctly. In the list of device is written Windows NT 5.2. What can be the reason of it?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event