Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

Installation and Setup problem

christian_2
Super Contributor.

Installation and Setup problem

Dear friends,

after a sucessfull install, the browser start up with url localhost:3466/patch/setup.tsp, but this url does not exist. the installation gives no error. this setup.tsp does not exist.

so, i have configured patch.cfg in integrationserver/etc directory, configured rms.cfg manualy but in httpd-3566.log appears the message
"20051109 15:55:09 Warning: PATCH: failed to load: couldn't open
"C:/Novadigm/IntegrationServer/patch/init.tcl": no such file or directory"

any tips ?

thanks
Christian Chambarelli Melo
6 REPLIES
Gideon van Zyl
Super Contributor.

Re: Installation and Setup problem

Are the files there? If not, it seems that something went wrong during installation. Try a reinstall.
I do not trust anybody who has written more books than he has read.
Francois Libert
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Christian,

Actually, unless you explicitly specified a custom path at installation time, a patch directory is not created during RPM installation. The path referenced in the error message is a virtual path inside the patch.tkd module, so don't expect to find it in your setup. The same goes for the setup.tsp you first mentioned, it is also a virtual path and you won't be able to find it on your machine.

So like Gideon suggested perform a re-install, and if that still doesn't solve your problem log a call with hp support.
From your initial description I understand that you took undocumented steps to configure RMS. I recommend you undo those steps, and if the above does solve your problem please follow the documentation to complete the configuration.

Hope this helps,

Francois
M Sajid
Super Contributor.

You say your url is localhost:3466... yet your log is httpd-3566.log! Is this just a typo in your original post or have you configured RIS on 3566 and not 3466, in which case your url path needs to change.

Hope this helps,

Moaeed Sajid
Pronounced Ray-di-ya
christian_2
Super Contributor.

Dear All,

thanks for your answer. The logfile is http-3466.log.....

I was afraid these setup.tsp was internaly in patch.tkd.

So, if you dont mind, can you send me the patch.tkd and config files also ?

I have already tried to install and de-install...

thanks in advance
chris
Christian Chambarelli Melo
Francois Libert
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Christian,

The problem is with your installation, so our config files won't help, and they could even make things much worse.

You should definitely find out what is not working properly in your setup and I strongly recommend logging a case with support. Maybe they are aware ofthe problem, or you are not using the proper version of the installation media, etc.

Regards,

Francois
Biju V George!
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi christian,

The best thing to do is to install in the default drive, any custom drive you choose might need to change the parameters in patch.cfg. Also mention which version of Patch Mgr you are using ??.