Installation Patch Mgr 3.0 Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
rudy.pratama
Regular Contributor.

Installation Patch Mgr 3.0 Problem

Dear All,
i having a problem when tried to install Patch Server, the installation seemed ok, until finish, but when URL opened http://patchserveripaddress:port/patch/manage/admin.tsp it give me an error i attach the screenshoot,
any help will be appriciated,
Regards,
Rudy
13 REPLIES
Biju V George!
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Installation Patch Mgr 3.0 Problem

Hi Rudy,

check out or post the patch.cfg file. Check the path in the cfg file. This might happen if the installation is not proper.

Biju
rudy.pratama
Regular Contributor.

Hi Biju,
this is my patch.cfg,
i only change the dsn name and password,
still having the same error...
Thanks for your reply anyway
Biju V George!
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Rudy,

The attached patch.cfg is not the correct one. as i am telling you the installation is not complete. I am attaching a sample log. as you can see lot of parameters are missing from your cfg file.

Best is to re-install RPM. Do remeber to delete the RPM folder before re-install?

Biju
Biju V George!
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Rudy,

The attached patch.cfg is not the correct one. as i am telling you the installation is not complete. I am attaching a sample log. as you can see lot of parameters are missing from your cfg file.

Best is to re-install RPM. Do remeber to delete the RPM folder before re-install?

Biju
rudy.pratama
Regular Contributor.

Hi Biju,
oh man...it's been very frustated... i reinstall like 3 times, but the same thing error still happened, now i'm using moveris, so i separate the patch manager from the others..
any suggestion?

regards,
Rudy
Roy O Gatewood_
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you are using moveris then I doubt that the path c:/Novadigm/IntegrationServer is correct.
Verify where RPM is located and correct the .rc and associated .cfg files.
Roy O Gatewood_
Acclaimed Contributor.

Another thing is to verify the port.
Moveris changes it from 3466 to 3469
Biju V George!
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Rudy,

I had faced the similar problem in installation of RRS. I found the setup media was the problem. I used another media for installation.

Biju
rudy.pratama
Regular Contributor.

Dear Biju,
BINGO! that's what i'm afraid too, but because i reinstall the RCS too many times, it froze on me when i tried to do installation...
The Media CD is original though, where should i found another source?download it through internet? i'll try then

Dear Roy,
Thanks for your reply, i appreciate it,
the screen shoot that i attach is from the first one installation when i havent separate the port, but now i already separate the port using moveris to 3469, and it still showing same error, the error is reffering to new folder where i install patchmanager

thanks for the help guys, so the issue is from the cd media itself eh?

regards,
Rudy
Roy O Gatewood_
Acclaimed Contributor.

There are a lot of questions for me now.
Is there an httpd-rmp-3469 log?
Is nvdkit for RMP running?
Please post the .rc, .cfg and a log if you want.
Biju V George!
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I am not sure if it's available for download. Contact HP or ask HP for an evaluation CD.

Also check out if any antivirus is making some problem at the time of installation.

The best thing that you can do is modify the patch.cfg file that i had posted as per you setup..verify the path,DSN,RCS_IP etc.. and replace with the current one.

Also post the log files as Roy said.

Biju
rudy.pratama
Regular Contributor.

Dear Biju & Roy,
i saw a patch for patchmanager in HP website, do you think i need to install it?
it's like 60 mb size...
and when i want to reinstall patchmanager, should i uninstall RCS too?Cause it modify some files on RCS folder too right?
i did reinstall RCS, and in the middle of the installation, it freeze on me
so i decided to reinstall the whole thing in a fresh system...
and i will do a moveris from the beginning...

but Biju, you said you were having the same problem,how did you solve it? would installing a patch solve the problem?
cause my cd is original February 2006

best regards,
Rudy
Biju V George!
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi rudy,

I installed from another copy which i had on my laptop.

About reinstallation of rcs..it depends. I dont think so you need to re-install rcs as long as the RCS is working fine.

But yes Patch manager needs to be re-installed as patch.cfg is not build properly. You can try installing once more with the same media & post the logs.

Biju