The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install RPM Agent Release 4.2 together with nvdkit 427

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Eric P_2

Install RPM Agent Release 4.2 together with nvdkit 427

Dear All,

I just wondering if there any way to do Patch Agent installation without running Client Self Maintenance again while we are using Radia CD release 4.2.

I know in Radia CD (release 4.2) Radia Patch Agent don't have newest nvdkit(427). Now I have nvdkit.exe 427 and wanted to install patch agent to all new PC, I'm hoping I don't need to run Radia Client Self Maintenance again.

(If there any) What files should I copy to D:\Novadigm\ManagementPortal_3461\media\client\default\win32\maint ?

If there is a guide about this, u can just point me to the guide.

Not sure migration guide pg.22 telling the right thing. because all I know we are downloading many files for patch agent update when running patch acquisition.

Thanks and b'regards,
Eric
4 REPLIES
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

Re: Install RPM Agent Release 4.2 together with nvdkit 427

nvdkit is the only thing I'm aware of.
Not sure I understand your reluctance to use Client Self Maintenance but you are correct.
Copy nvdkit to the maint directory on the RMP and the installation media if you've copied it.
You could create a new CD with it on there too.
I can highly recommend that you obtain the current Client Maintenance decks, import and deploy them.
Eric P_2

Hi Roy,

I'm not reluctance to use mnt=y. I just want to simplify steps after client installation.

From what I saw in my environment:
When we install client and if we checked 'Perform Connect After Install' then after installation the client will do 'First Refresh Catalog notify' next step we have to do 'Full Connect notify' in order the client to download default services. Next step if we want to update the client then we have to do 'Full Connect' again with mnt=y parameter in it.
There will be 3 steps.

I tried to run (first) Full Connect together with mnt=y parameters in it but client only download newest nvdkit.exe (427) (default services not downloaded).

Please correct me /suggest me if my system not working well :D.

Another question about client maintenance decks, what files are applied to client when we deploy this decks. in this case RAM_WIN32_NT_4_0_NVDKIT_8_4_427 maintenance decks. Is it only nvdkit.exe 427?

Thanks again Roy,
Eric

Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor
Solution

A connect after install should be able to obtain all entitiled Services. That could include maintenance et al.
I suspect that you could interject mnt=y at any point.
Not sure I understand your connect process though.

Yes the deck only includes nvdkit..
Eric P_2

Hi Roy,

Here the example of my client connect. I put a Remote Control Service in Default Workgroups. and of course every MACHINES have entitled with Default Workgroup.

Client connect after install did not download that Remote Control Service until I notify them again with Full Connect.

Does this normal? I'm become aware about my configuration after read your replies.

Need your advice.

Thanks,
Eric
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event