Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to exclude Personality Backup and Restore (PBR) on HPCAS agent installation

Highlighted
eRoS_1
Trusted Contributor.

How to exclude Personality Backup and Restore (PBR) on HPCAS agent installation

Hi all,
I want to exclude Personality Backup and Restore installation when I do management agent deployment from HPCAS console. I've check the install.ini file, at this line:
ADDLOCAL=NVDINSTALLRAM,...
and it does not contain NVDINSTALLPBR, but why PBR still installed on the client?

Please help,
thanks,

eRoS
5 REPLIES
Steve Berube
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How to exclude Personality Backup and Restore (PBR) on HPCAS agent installation

Is there a reason you do not want to include this? This is only used during OS migration/upgrade and considered a standard part of the agent.
eRoS_1
Trusted Contributor.

Re: How to exclude Personality Backup and Restore (PBR) on HPCAS agent installation

Hi Steve,
the reason is because we don't require PBR at our situation, and to minimize user's question about what is PBR when they see it installed on their PC.

regards,
eRoS
Steve Berube
Outstanding Contributor.

I don't believe we create an ICON for it, is there some other visual indicator? As the product exists, it is considered part of the core agent.
eRoS_1
Trusted Contributor.

Steve,
it shows on start menu (Start\All Programs\HP Client Automation Personality Backup and Restore).

regards,
eRoS
Steve Berube
Outstanding Contributor.

Ok, we dont have a facility right now to pick and choose through the UI which pieces you want to deploy. I would open an enhancement request for this. In the mean time you can package up a service to remove those icons