How to deploy a package?

Highlighted
Wang,MinJie
Super Collector

How to deploy a package?

Hi all
I'm a fresh man in OVCM
Now I've done the following things:
1. Set up a configure server and an administrator workstation(the same server)
2. set up a application manager client and connected to the CS server successfully(it can be verified in "PROFILE" domain as I think)
3. Creat a package using administrator tools and promote it to CS server in "software domain"
4. On "application manager" client run radskman ip=,dname=software,uid=administrator

But it seemed not successfully.
Have you got any advice?
I'll appreciate very much if you can give me a lab solution in detail to tell me how to create a package and deploy it to a client basically.
Tks in advance
8 REPLIES
Wang,MinJie
Super Collector

Re: How to deploy a package?

No one can help me?

Hi,

You can set up a Management Portal to connect f.e. to Active Directory. With this portal you can connect software packages to the clients, or the OU's or Security Groups.

I guess that you also got the books (or media with PDF's) with the software. Otherwise you can download the PDF's at the website of HP.

Regards,

Dirk-Jan Noorbergen
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

You have to entitle the machine or user to reveive this application. This is called Policy Entitlement.
You can use AD as your policy source, or, out of the box you have the POLICY.USER class. You'll already have an Administrator ID in this class and to this you can attach your new Service instance. Did you already do this?

What is the value of your ZSERVICE.ZSVCMO attribute. To install a service with Application Manager ZSVCMO should = M.

If none of the above makes sense to you then you need to attend the Radia Essential course or read the docs.

HTH.

Karl.
Wang,MinJie
Super Collector

Hi Carl
There is a little difficult for me to take a class. I have to explore OVCM myself
Would you pls tell me how to add the service I've created to Policy.User.Administrator, and how should I operate in the client
I'll very appreciate
Wang,MinJie
Super Collector

Maybe I should correct
Q1:I mean I don't know how to attach the service to Policy.User.Administrator(I've created the service using Publisher in component selected mode)
Q2:Actually after I created the service with a package in it, I don't know how to find it in CSDB Editor. Shoul I found it there?
Q3:And I've set the ZRSCMO value to "M",but why did you say it's ZSERVICE.ZRSCMO I can't find "ZSERVICE" anywhere in CSDB EDITOR.

To be frankly,I've read tons of Docs about OVCM and it keeps telling the theory which drive me crazy.
Maybe I'm so stupid that I can't understand the machanism of the database
Pls recommend some docs in easy word
Tks in advance
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

i'm sorry to say the question you ask are REALLY BASIC admin questions. I feel that if i or someone else were to answer these you'd quickly come back with more questions of the same nature.
Best advice is to attend the Essentials course as this will get you up and running in no time.
Radia is not a simple product to get to grips with and there are MANY components. I find it hard to believe that anyone can learn this without some element of education.

Sorry.

Karl.
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

I understand this to be CCM. Take a look at page 52 of the Guide and the FAQ too.
Steve Berube
Frequent Visitor

From the thread here, can you verify this is CCM? This seems like the enterprise product as CCM is an out of the box setup and you would not be setting up components individually.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event