Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPCAS Client custom install

Highlighted
Edgar Chavez
Occasional Contributor

HPCAS Client custom install

I wanted to see if anyone knew of a way to customize the CCM client installation so that it becomes hidden to users on the client workstations. I installed the client but users have access to the automation client once installed, can modify settings, and it installs a shortcut. I want the client to install but allow only admin to have access to it and hide it from other users.
3 REPLIES
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

Re: HPCAS Client custom install

Edgar,

If you were using the CA Enterprise (Radia) software then what you are asking is not a problem. But CCM (now known as CAS - Client Automation Standard) is a cut down (hands-off) version of CAE and probably all of the customisable features of CAE are not avaiable in CAS.

So in this instance, the changes you require can be done in CAE by amending the install.ini file to restrict what the user sees. BUT this is not possible in CAS, as those required options are not even avialable in the CAS install.ini to start with.

If you feel you are likely to have many other "can we do this with CCM\CAS" then maybe you want to review the decision to go with CAS in the first instance. There is probably NO customisation that can be done to CAS (it was designed that way) whereas CAE is totally open. Maybe CAE would be a better fit for your environment.

HTH.

Karl.

Edgar,

What Karl says is correct. CAS is an out of the box solution, so you cannot disable parts of it without breaking support.

That being said, I have had questions about at least disabling the shortcut for the Self-Service Manager on the desktop. You can prevent that from being added by updating the install.ini to include the line:

NVDSHORTCUT=N

in the [Properties] section.

Ben
Edgar Chavez
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. As for my custom install I figured a quick fix by running a vb script through the GPO to delete the HPCAS folder from all users. The client remains installed and users are not aware of it.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event