Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

HPCAS 7.2 Software/Hardware Inventory

Highlighted
sandeep mathur
Outstanding Contributor.

HPCAS 7.2 Software/Hardware Inventory

Hi Guys,

My question is how do I get Software/Hardware Inventory of particular Agent Installed machine.Like I need to check in each machine that MS office,MS powerpoint,MS excel etc,, these kind of softwares are installed or not.

I had run the Discover software/Hardware Inventory wizard and also Application usage wizard by clicking on particular agent installed machine with usage settings enabled for MS office,ppt,excel etc,,. But still I am not getting any info on that particular device.
is there any log file to look at it.

Regards,
Sandeep.
12 REPLIES
Manohark
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: HPCAS 7.2 Software/Hardware Inventory

Hi Sandeep,

you can use nvdm discovery of applications audit class to scan for all the installed applications on a client. Create an audit service with the nvdm discovery of application package and assign to the user and will be able to collect what you are looking for

Thanks
Manohar
sandeep mathur
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Manohar,

How to creat an audit service for doing nvdm discovery.If u have any guides upon creating an audit service for nvdm discovery it will greatly appreciated.Pls help me out
points assured.

Regards,
Sandeep.
Manohark
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Sandeep,

You can create the service from the audit domain. In the CSDB from the AUDIT domain access the application packages class and you will find the nvdm application discovery package create a service with it or else check in the application services it self if you have a service already present. Add the scan method from the RIMOPTS class (you can add differential install, update and verify) This service you can assign to the user or machine to find the applications installed on the machine

Thanks
Manohar
sandeep mathur
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Manohar,

I am totally new to this product.I am really not getting the words like audit domain,application package etc,,. Please gimme some docs about how to create the audit service & nvdm discovery thro' application package.

Pleaser help me out.

Regards,
Sandeep.
Manohark
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Sandeep,

The documents can be downloaded from the following url. http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals.

Download the inventorymanager guide and you will find the process for collecting the inventory information.

However coming to the technical terma such as domain class and service all are present in the Configuraiton server database editor which is part of administrator workstation.

The URL requires log in credentials for accessing the documents.

Please revert for any clarifications you may require

Thanks
Manohar
Karl Skelton
Acclaimed Contributor.

Manohark, Sandeep is using Client Automation Standard - this is a cut down version of CA Enterprise and there is no exposure to the CDSB Editor with CAS. Nor is it supported to install the CSDB Editor or any other of the CAE tools that don't already come as part of the CAS install.

Sandeep, you have logs on the client side at
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\CM\Agent\logs - but if you're new to this product then it may be better and quicker to open a ticket with HP support for this one.

Karl.
Manohark
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Karl,

Thanks for clarifying this to me. Is it an extended version of CCM by any chance?? Was thinking of CAS on the same ground as CAE.

Thanks
Manohar
sandeep mathur
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the info.But can u pls gimme some idea on how to configure to get the software/hardware inventory on each of agent installed machines.

Regards,
Sandeep.
Karl Skelton
Acclaimed Contributor.

CAS "Client Automation Standard" is the new name for CCM "Client Configuration Manager" as CEA "Client Automation Enterprise" is the new name for Radia\Configuration Management.

;-)
Karl Skelton
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sandeep, this is pretty well documented in the CAS Admin guide. If you followed that and it's not working best open a support ticket.

Karl.
sandeep mathur
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Karl,

I am sending you the connect.log with this reply.I have gone thro' the guide,but I am only getting hardware details.Not getting the softwares installed on the machine info.
Please find it and let me know.

Regards,
Sandeep.
sandeep mathur
Outstanding Contributor.

Sorry, I am attaching the connect.log with this reply now.