Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP related reports are not showing

Highlighted
bharath_hanuma
Collector

HP related reports are not showing

Hi All,

Some HP related reports are not showing under reporting. I have run the software inventory scan for more than 20-30 times. Still the HP related BIOS settings report are not coming.

For some of the HP devies reports are coming. Kindly let me know whether any other software needs to be installed or any softpaq's should be existing for getting HP reports.

Kindly help me how I can troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Bharath
6 REPLIES

Re: HP related reports are not showing

Bharath,

What systems are not providing information? Is it a specific model, or are you getting reports from some devices of a particular model but not others of the same model?

Ben
bharath_hanuma
Collector

Hi Ben,

Thanks for reply....We are having totally around 30-32 HP model devices. Some of the devices with same model reports are coming like BIOS settings details,etc....But for some of the devices which are of same model reports are not coming. I have run software inventory several times, still reports does not show up. Is there any dependency or any softpaq's are missing in those devices where reports are not coming.

Kindly find the attached excel sheet having details of the HP device models. Yellow color marked are the ones for which reports are coming.

Please let me know if you require more information regarding this.

Thanks & Regards
Bharath

Bharath,

Do the systems you've marked in yellow have passwords configured on the BIOS? I've been curious about the effect of BIOS passwords on the capture of the settings...

Ben
bharath_hanuma
Collector

Hi Ben,

I dont have any idea of passwd settings on the systems marked in yellow. If they have been set with passwds the the reports would not have been generated I think. Because the yellow ones are the one for which reports are coming. Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards
Bharath

Sorry... I misread your post (Unfortunately, this forum system only displays the first message posted when you reply and not all of the posts, so I couldn't review when I was composing my response).

A couple things come to mind with this clarification:

-Are you seeing any inventory information captured for the systems where you are not seeing the BIOS information captured?

-See if you can determine if there is a password set on the BIOS for some of the systems not highlighted (particularly models for which you have been able to capture this information)

-You may not be able to capture the BIOS information for dx2000 series systems. This devices are considered "non-managed" and the ability to do things like remotely capturing and managing BIOS configurations is not supported. (this should have been an indication to me that I was misinterpreting the highlighting in the spreadsheet).

Ben
bharath_hanuma
Collector

Hi Ben,

I am seeing the systems whose BIOS information is not captured, but its software invenotry is being captured.

Yes, sure I will check it out.

So you are telling, reports for the HP models with dx2255 MT(RX332PT), dx2480 MT(KL969AV),.... will not come/does not support under CAS 7.20, am i right?

Thanks & Regards
Bharath

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event