Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

HP Openview CCM 2.0 not install.

Highlighted
sagar Bhattacha
Regular Collector

HP Openview CCM 2.0 not install.

Dear All,

I am trying to install CCM 2.0 in our lab, but I am unable to do it, due to some error.

The details information is given below.

System : Win2k server with latest SP and updated security patches.
Database : SQL 2k server with SP 4.
Software: HP openview Client Configuration Manager V.2.0.

Problem :

(Error 1722, there is a problem in windows installer package.)
After that it is automatically roll back the installation.

I am sending the log file this is management portal related.

I would request if anybody gives my solution regarding the problem, I will be grateful to you
Thanks

Sagar Bhattacharya
Sagarbh@hotmail.com

12 REPLIES
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Openview CCM 2.0 not install.

I think you're correct. It can't complete installation of the portal piece so it rolls back.
Is this VM? I have seen this on VM before.
There are various items referred to in this log:
Can't access RCS is the big one.
sagar Bhattacha
Regular Collector

Hi,

Thanks for your mail, But this is not VM.

Thanks

Sagar Bhattacharya
sagarbh@hotmail.com

Sagar,

I am sorry for your error. I have now seen this problem in two instances outside VMWare:

1. the license key being used is expired (you could verify this in the log found in drive:\Novadigm\ConfigurationServer\log)

2. I've just recently come across this in a situation where McAfee software (ePolicy Orchestrator and VirusScan). I have not narrowed down the exact problem, but as that was the only software installed to the target machines used before installation. Do you have McAfee software installed to the target machine?

Thanks,
Ben
Danielgej
Occasional Contributor

I am having this problem too.

Running HP Client Automation (OVCCM) v2.1 Basic.

On Win 2k3 Svr, SQL 2k.

Nothing else installed.

Any advice?

Hi Sagar,

Can you please zip and post the log CCMmr001.log found in D:\Novadigm\ConfigurationServer\log? This will allow us to verify that the issue is not license related.

How much RAM and free hard drive space does your server have?

Thanks,
Ben
S.Cooper
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ben,

I'm having the same problem. My management server (which will run the web app) is a G5 DL360 with 4 GB of RAM and has 27.3GB of free disk space on the partition I am trying to install it to (6.29GB on the system drive) running Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Standard.

My database server is a G5 DL380 with 12GB RAM and has 12.3GB free on its system drive, 30.5GB free on its log drive and 835GB free on its data drive. It runs Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise and SQL 2005 Enterprise.

In each case the OS/SQL is patched to the latest revisions available at 0400 GMT this morning.

There are no internal firewalls, the management and DB servers are on the same network segment, our antivirus solution is Kaspersky.

I cannot provide a log file as all the installed files are removed during the rollback. I have audited object access on the management server and can find no permissions problems modifying registry keys. The account the software is installed with has domain admin priveliges. The SQL account I am using has dbo on CCMDB. I ran a trace on the SQL server and the account I'm using for the ODBC connection never touches the DB it seems. I have verified outside of the setup routine that I can establish an ODBC link from the management server to the DB. I have turned on verbose MSI logging but can find no obvious cause there either!

I'd appreciate any help you can offer as this looks a great tool and one that would solve a number of problems for me... if only I could get it installed!

Cheers

Steve
S.Cooper
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I should have pointed out my issue is with installing v2.11.
S.Cooper
Occasional Contributor

Since my first post I have installed a SQL 2000 Standard SP4 instance and experience the same problem when I try the install.

Can you please post your license key? I will verify that it is valid (though the 2.11 install will let you know what the expiration date is when you select the key during the installation).

Thanks,
Ben
S.Cooper
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ben.

I got the attached key from the link on the download receipt when I downloaded HP Client Automation Starter
S.Cooper
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ben,

I dont know if this is significant but I don't get a conformation dialog for the expiry of the license- the attached document shows each screen I get during the course of the setup routine.

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

You didn't see the expiration screen because you have a permanent license for the starter edition. This is definitely not the problem with the install. I am checking with development and trying to come up with some other suggestions for you.

Ben
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event