The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP OpenView CM Self-Service Manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Rajesh5577
Occasional Contributor

HP OpenView CM Self-Service Manager

Hi,

We are using HP CM self-service Manager version 5.0. on one of our server. I have been trying to access it but its opening the window after a minute it does not respond anything. For Other serves its working successfully. Is it possible to install the CM self -service manager? Or can we copy from other server and install it on this server? ...I have attached the screen shot for your reference.

Kindly suggest me to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Rajesh
16 REPLIES
Gowhar Jan
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP OpenView CM Self-Service Manager

Can you provide the log file (default is connect.log) and args.xml from the Agent install?

Doesn't seem to be an installation error. Maybe the self-service manager is unable to connect to the Configuration Server or there are no applications assigned to the user specified in args.xml.
Rajesh5577
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gowhar,

Thanks for your reply.

Connect.log is not there where as CONNECT.EDM file is available. Pls see the below args.xml

RADIA
y
y
SYSTEM
$machine
SOFTWARE
rsm.log
n
N
Y

Please let me know if you need any othe logs.
Gowhar Jan
Occasional Visitor

If Agent is installed in "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\CM\Agent", then log files should be available under "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\CM\Agent\Log".

In your case, the log file is "rsm.log" since you have added rsm.log to args.xml.

Please provide rsm.log.
Rajesh5577
Occasional Contributor

The rsm.log is available uder "C:\management\Novadigm\Log" location. Even the CM application installed on this location only. I have attached the rsm.log for your reference.
Gowhar Jan
Occasional Visitor

From the log file I gather that CM self-service Manager was launched successfully. After that a service by the name HP_OVDISCAB_257422_WIN_0001 was installed successfully as well. So CM self-service Manager seems to be working fine.

Can you clarify what exactly the issue is? Is it the performance, e.g., is the self-service Manager slow on startup or does the application install take long time?
Rajesh5577
Occasional Contributor

Yes, It seems like performance issue only. After clicking the CM self-service icon the HP CM self service window is opening(earlier attached in the mail)after that nothing is responding. If its slow means it take some time and will launch the application but here the application is not launching. Its just hanging after the once the window opened.

Thanks in Advance.

Rajesh
Gowhar Jan
Occasional Visitor

The log file that you shared earlier indicates CM self-service Manager launched properly. In fact the application by the name HP_OVDISCAB_257422_WIN_0001 was also installed. So I do not understand when you say 'the application is not launching'.

At what point does the CM self-service Manager hang? Can you send a screenshot?
Rajesh5577
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have attached the screen shot for your reference. Its started hanging after (approx)30 seconds....Even I was waiting more than 5 mins but still it was hanging..

Thanks
Rajesh
Gowhar Jan
Occasional Visitor

The rsm.log and the screenshot do not seem to refer to the same incident. Can you open the CMD window, run the 'tasklist' command and send me the output at the time when self-service Manager window hangs?

It's hard to say what the reason may be. I'm just trying to figure how many HP OpenView CM processes are running at the time of the hang.
Rajesh5577
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your mail....

If we re-install the HP CM Self-service Manager version 5.0 ...Will it work? If yes, can you tell me the steps to do it....I will send you the required details soon.

Thanks
Rajesh
Gowhar Jan
Occasional Visitor

I can't say for sure whether reinstalling CM self-service Manager would help because I'm yet to determine the root cause of the issue. Rebooting the machine might help though.
Rajesh5577
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gowhar,

Please find attached the tasklist output for further clarification.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Rajesh
Gowhar Jan
Occasional Visitor

The CM self-service Manager is waiting for many other CM Application Manager connects to complete. In the tasklist, I observe many radskman.exe processes running. One of these process is hung. So the problem should be resolved by closing the radskman.exe processes.

You may run the following commands to achieve this:
taskkill /IM /F radconct.exe
taskkill /IM /F radpinit.exe
taskkill /IM /F radskman.exe
taskkill /IM /F raduishell.exe

Alternatively, just reboot the machine.

You may also wanna check the CM Application Manager timers. You may have multiple timers starting multiple CM Application Manager connects within short duration of time.
Rajesh5577
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your quick response.

I have tried to kill one of the process but getting the following error msg.

U:\>taskkill /IM /F radconct.exe
ERROR: Invalid syntax. Value expected for '/IM'.
Type "TASKKILL /?" for usage.

Can u please clarify?

Rajesh
Gowhar Jan
Occasional Visitor
Solution

The /F parameter was at the wrong position, following is the correct syntax:

taskkill /F /IM radconct.exe
taskkill /F /IM radpinit.exe
taskkill /F /IM radskman.exe
taskkill /F /IM raduishell.exe
Rajesh5577
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gowhar,

Finally we got the success!!!!

Its working now after killing those process.

Thanks a lot for your help....

I have created a package but the latest .msi file is not available.

Let me try again.

Regards
Rajesh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event