Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

HP CAS 7.5 and Self-Service Application Manager

Highlighted
Reinhard Rackow
Trusted Contributor.

HP CAS 7.5 and Self-Service Application Manager

I am using CAS 7.5 Starter Edition and would like to not have the Self-Service Application Manager be installed when an agent is installed on a workstation. How can I turn off the installation of the Self-Service Manager? If the Self-Service Manager is installed, how can I remove it remotely?
5 REPLIES
Karl Skelton
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP CAS 7.5 and Self-Service Application Manager

Did you check the CAS guide?
There's a section on the Import Device Wizard which details importing device details from LDAP\AD directory.

HTH.

Karl.
Reinhard Rackow
Trusted Contributor.

I am not importing the devices. I am installing the agent on devices that were already in the tool (from a previous version of HPCCM). I would liek to turn off the installation of the Self-Service Application Manager, and remove it from those workstations that has it installed.
Karl Skelton
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sorry Reinhard,

I responded to the wrong thread!

But to answer your question; typically it is not possible to make such changes to the install of the CAS Agent. What you desire is easily achievable when using the full blown CA product but CAS is sold as an "out of the box solution".

Reinhard Rackow
Trusted Contributor.

I guess I don't understand why the Self-Service Manager would be installed as part of the Starter Edition since you need the Standard Edition to use it. But thanks anyway.
Karl Skelton
Acclaimed Contributor.

I guess if you look at it from the HP Sales point of you... you have the free starter edition with the expectation that you like what you have and then want to progress to the Standard edition. In which case you already have the full agent installed and it simply becomes a licensing exercise to upgrade.

Karl.