Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

HOWTO: Re-aquire Patches

Highlighted
thinkopen
Trusted Contributor.

HOWTO: Re-aquire Patches

It appears that a couple of patches that have been downloaded are corrupt. Is there an easy way to delete and then re-aquire these patches?
9 REPLIES
Roy O Gatewood_
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HOWTO: Re-aquire Patches

No easy way.
Have you tried to us Force and/or replace?
If that don't work I beleive you could delete the directory and run another acquire.
thinkopen
Trusted Contributor.

I did try to delete the directories that contained the patches and then ran a re-acquire, however that then gave me another error, complaining about invalid data.
NuriaGS
Honored Contributor.

Hello,

when I want to re-acquire a patch I follow these steps:

1. Delete all files and folders inside the folder called MS* (for example MS04-01). I keep the folder MS* empty.

2. Run a new acquisition. The acquisition settings that I configure are:

Mode: Both
Force: Yes
Replace: Yes

The patch is downloaded again.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Nuria
He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes, but he who never asks a question remains a fool forever
thinkopen
Trusted Contributor.

How to I set these options for the acqusition job?

Mode: Both
Force: Yes
Replace: Yes

I'm new to using HP OVCCM.
NuriaGS
Honored Contributor.

Hello,

you should configure this options from the Patch Administration web site (http://Patch_Server:3466/patch/manage/admin.tsp?) and select the option "Acquisition Settings". If you create/modify an Acquisition you will find these options.

You could find more information about how to configure these options in Radia Patch Manager guide.

Regards, Nuria
He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes, but he who never asks a question remains a fool forever
thinkopen
Trusted Contributor.

That doesn't work for the version I have, I believe you're using the full blown version of Radia Path Manager. Anyway, I found where the config file for patch acquisition is stored and just edited these options manually. You can find the file at:

C:\Novadigm\PatchManager\etc\patch.cfg
NuriaGS
Honored Contributor.

I am not sure, but I don't think that there are other Radia installations different than the full.

Of course you could always configure all those options in the file patch.cfg but that is very unfriendly.

I think this page should work http://Patch_Server:3466/patch/manage/admin.tsp

What is your Patch Manager version?

Regards, Nuria
thinkopen
Trusted Contributor.

This is the product that I'm using...

http://h20229.www2.hp.com/products/ccm/index.html

It's basically a slimmed down version of several of Radia's products.
NuriaGS
Honored Contributor.

Hello,

I have been reading the administration guide and the CCM groups all the main features of Radia products.

Thank you!!

Regards, Nuria