Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

Disk Partition step failed

Highlighted
David Embury
Acclaimed Contributor

Disk Partition step failed

Hello all,

I have a HP CA trial I am finalising the evaluation of to manage HP thin clients. A new issue has propped up its head and it is rather critical.
When I deploy an OS to a thin client, ticking the box for thin client mode AND not ticking the box for thin client mode, the agent kicks off, Unix boots and then
â WARN: Partition entry overlaps original tableâ
message shows up followed by:
â ERROR: Disk partition step failed.â
I know the image and OS are okay as I have a capture of the same build in Microsoft SCCM which works perfectly to deploy the client for testing in the first place...

Any help would be amazing

Thank you

David

3 REPLIES
DanieI
Frequent Visitor

Re: Disk Partition step failed

Hi David,

Couple questions:
-What model thin client are you observing this on?
-Does a reboot loop occur as a result?
-Is this a bare metal machine that has never been deployed to?
-What version of the product are you trialling?
David Embury
Acclaimed Contributor

Hello

I am using the HP t5740. It has 2gb of flash drive for its primary drive space. The file filters are disabled on deployment and enabled via script post deployment.

I have tried to deploy this image to the machine the capture was based off, new ones out of the box and one I hand formatted prior.
Once a machine receives this error it turns off. Then when I turn it back on the machine has no partitions
The target OS and prior OS is windows XP sp3 embedded. On saying that though I do not think it is OS related due to prior formatting and the fact I can use the same image via SCCM deployment. I am fairly sure it is an issue with the way it is trying to partition the disk. The overlap message is confusing as I am asking it to create a new one. It is like it is trying to make an addition.
hpblacky
Super Collector

Hi David,

Could you please send an email to askhpca.apj@hp.com as there is a how to document in regards to capturing and deploying an image to the HP Thin Client.

Regards,

Scott
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event