Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

Daily Activiting the ZCREATE

Highlighted
ramil_anb
Trusted Contributor.

Daily Activiting the ZCREATE

Good day,

Please help, I had a scripts that will do a multiple tasks to disable USB/CDROM drives,local admin,remote desktop.

This commond batch file which I added on ZCREATE "HIDE "XXX.CMD" to trigger this on a daily basis. Unfortunately it only done once and never executed when I want to notify them. Is there anyway that the batch file execute daily ? without notifying the targeted clients ?

Thanks,

Ramil

6 REPLIES
Gowhar Jan
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Daily Activiting the ZCREATE

Have you tried using a timer with ZSCHDEF set to DAILY(10:00:00,11:00:00) or something similar, ZSCHFREQ=PERIODIC and ZRSCCMDL=hide xxx.cmd?

ramil_anb
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Jan,

Yes, I do have a a separate timer for software connect on a daily, but I am not getting all the targeted clients reported back the RIM. Though timers is schedule to connect daily starting at 4:00Pm till 10:00PM and the frequency is RANDOM. The ZRSCCMDL parameters for the SOFTWARE connect is like this "radskman cop=Y,context=M,ind=N,dname=SOFTWARE,hreboot=N,ver=N,del=Y"

Thanks,

Ramil

Gowhar Jan
Outstanding Contributor.

Is xxx.cmd published as a software service and assigned to target machines? Since you already have a software connect running daily on the target machines, you can get xxx.cmd to run daily via this connect as long as it is available as a software service, e.g., by setting ZVERIFY of the service to "native hide xxx.cmd".

ramil_anb
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Jan,

Yes, it was published as a software zservice and assigned to all target machines. What is the difference of having the NATIVE option and HIDE and it is possible to use a batch file command without these options?

BTW, I'll try to use them and see the output.

Thanks,

Ramil

Gowhar Jan
Outstanding Contributor.

NATIVE keyword causes HPCA Agent to ignore the return code of method exection, in this case the return code of xxx.cmd execution.

You had mentioned earlier you used ZCREATE to run xxx.cmd. Since ZCREATE would be run only once, maybe that explains the behavior you see. If you copy the command line from ZCREATE to ZVERIFY, then the command line would be executed each software connect runs.

Pravs
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

You have specified  ver=N in the command line meaning the applications will not be verified in this connect. 

Thanks

Praveen