Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

Creating partition in CAS 7.8 using imagex and windows 7

Highlighted
Marcin Wiecek
Respected Contributor.

Creating partition in CAS 7.8 using imagex and windows 7

Hi,

I have captured image of Windows 7 using imagex and CAS 7.8. Then I would like to deploy it on the bare-metal machine (pure hdd, no partition created). In my unattend.xml I have two partitions: 500mb system and the rest for C partition. CAS ignores my settings in section DiskConfiguration and create two partition 1GB system and about 20gb C partition. In log I have error

20100608 16:55:28 Error: bcdedit failed to run child process exited abnormally
20100608 16:55:28 Info: InstallWIM(W): BootManager c BootLoader c
20100608 16:55:28 Info: common::getBootScheme(W):
20100608 16:55:28 Info: common::getBootScheme(W): ::isPE 1
20100608 16:55:28 Info: newGetBcdeditLtrs(W):
20100608 16:55:28 Error: newGetBcdeditLtrs(W): BCDEDIT failed to run : The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
The requested system device cannot be found.
child process exited abnormally

I have attached full log and my unattend.xml file. Please help!

Regards,
Marcin Wiecek
4 REPLIES
Marcin Wiecek
Respected Contributor.

Re: Creating partition in CAS 7.8 using imagex and windows 7

Hi,

ok I found that we can change partitions in CSDB Editor which is only in Enterprise version of Client Automation... :(

This is any workaround to modify DRIVEMAP attribute without enterprise license and CSDB Editor?

Regards,
Marcin Wiecek
DanieI
Honored Contributor.

Hello Marcin,

I'm trying to understand why you want to decrease the size of the system reserved partition. A few hundred MB of disk space isn't much these days, and images with system reserved partitions below 1GB in size are unsupported.

I believe the answer to your question is that this cannot be achieved with CAS â the size of the system partition is configured by default and locked to the supported minimum size - 1024MB.

Hope this helps
Marcin Wiecek
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

I would like to change partitions only for tests, but now I know that in standard edition it doesn't working. We can do change partitions in enterprise edition in CSDB Editor. Thread closed.

Regards,
Marcin
Marcin Wiecek
Respected Contributor.

resolved