The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Static IP address to DHCP

Highlighted
D8TA
Super Collector

Change Static IP address to DHCP

Currently we have most of our desktops configured to use a static IP address. The notebooks are set to use DHCP but the alternative address is static. I am trying to figure out a way to change all the PCs to use a dynamic address. Once Radia pushes out the change it will terminate the connection and the rest of the Radia run will not happen until the next scheduled run correct? Has anyone done this before? We have some static DNS Suffixes that will need to stay but we have these packaged so my main concern is switching over to the DHCP. Just wondering if anyone has any helpful advice on how I can go about changing from static to dynamic.
2 REPLIES
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

Re: Change Static IP address to DHCP

As long as name resolution is available there shouldn't be too many issues.
Take care with how the Radia infrastructure is done.
I wouldn't expect it to drop the connect but you could add a Run Once timer to get it going again.
Mike Vaughn
Frequent Visitor

Re: Change Static IP address to DHCP

Question:

Answer: If you are concerned about that, set the "reboot" flag to AI=HI, this will result in a reboot followed up by a radia connection. We have 2-3 packages with this setting.

FYI: We recently removed DHCP reservations from a few hundred devices. Not exactly the same thing since the clients were already set for DHCP. Workstation and DHCP team just wanted them to reboot overnight after they made changes on the DHCP servers. We created a dummy "reboot_service" that has no packages, no methods, just a reboot flag of AI=H.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event