Cannot capture image with the imageCapture for the HPCA 7.90

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Bakau
New Member.

Cannot capture image with the imageCapture for the HPCA 7.90

Hi,

When I try to capture a iamge it stops a fter a while.

In the log it states the following:

Error: There is not enough space on the boot volume so Prepwiz can inject the local Service boot files.

Required space: Z:MB, available disk space: 180MB

and further down:

Required space: 180MB, available disk space: 71MB

I have attached the log-file.

Thanks in advance,

Per

2 REPLIES
DanieI
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Re: Cannot capture image with the imageCapture for the HPCA 7.90

Hi Per,

HPCA needs a 1GB System Partition in order to have enough room for the local Service boot files. Looks like your System partition is too small.

You can check this by mapping the System Partition.

Note: If testing on a VM, take a snapshot before mapping the System Partition.

1. Enter Windows Disk Management (Right click "My Computer"->"Manage"->"Storage"->"Disk Management") to assign a drive letter to the hidden System partition.

2. Right click the System partition, choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths…", and then a dialog box will pop up.

3. Click "Add". You can assign a driver letter in the dropdown list to your drive. Then click "OK" to finish.

In order to view the Local Service Boot files you will need to change Windows Explorer to show hidden files and protected OS files under Tools->Folder options

Note that my testing has shown that mapping the Windows System Partition to a letter will cause any subsequent LSB connect to fail, so the device should be reimaged afterwards or reverted to a previous snapshot if it is a VM.

HTH,

Daniel

Bakau
New Member.

Re: Cannot capture image with the imageCapture for the HPCA 7.90

Thank you,that solved it!