Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

CM Application self service manager error

Highlighted
pcpotential
Contributor.

CM Application self service manager error

Good Day,

I have recently installed HP SIM 5.3. It was not an upgrade and is on a dedicated server. Everything is working well except for the repository. I am trying to run the CM Application Self-Service Manager and constantly receive the following error: “Unable to perform request – connection to manager failed.” I have found no documentation on how to configure this feature, I have found an xml file in the directory “C:\Program Files\HP\CM\RSSWM\Lib” called args.xml that I see it calls and has a field with all X’x for the field as seen below;

administrator
connect.log
radia
software
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
All Software

Can someone please help me out here, at least point me to some documentation for configuring this.

Thank you!
4 REPLIES
pcpotential
Contributor.

Re: CM Application self service manager error

Forgot to include the Error Number.

CM Application Self-Service Manager Error - 200
pcpotential
Contributor.

I have found the version too if this helps.

HP Version Control Repository Manager Version
Manohark
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

The error 200 indicates from the client side that it is not able to communicate with configuration server. Edit the args.xml file with the configuration server IP address in the field where it says resolution manager. Also make sure if you have a firewall in the network to enable 3463 port from client to server communication

Thanks,
Manohar
pcpotential
Contributor.

Manohark

The manager and not the client is the problem from what I am seeing. This installed with HP SIM 5.3, I assume that with that install this server that I installed HP SIM 5.3 on is the manager in question. When opening HP OpenView Configuration Management Application Self-Service Manager 5.11 (installed with SIM 5.3) I get this error, I changed the XXXâ s to the IP address of the local server due to it being the SIM. Now the XXXâ s are the IP address and I still receive the error. No where have I found how to configure the repository for HP SIM 5.3 other than through the CM which is installed along with HP SIM. Is this the right way to go about this configuration?

Regards,
PCPotential