Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

CCM primary and infrastructure sync and patch deployment

Highlighted

CCM primary and infrastructure sync and patch deployment

Hi,

The following are my requirements

1.How to deploy the patches from infrastructure server?

I need to deploy the patches on some machines and now I am deploying it from primary management server but if I synchronize my primary server to infrastructure server then patches should be taken by infrastructure server

2.If I put my primary and infrastructure server for sync then how I can come to know that the sync is completed

Where the logfiles related to the above activities stored

3.finally , is that the patch deployment from infrastructure server is supported or not?

Please provide the exact info on the above points

All the above things and queries are to reduce the network traffic in the infrastructure

Thanks
mruthyunjaya AR
19 REPLIES
Leonardo De San

Re: CCM primary and infrastructure sync and patch deployment

Hi Mruthyunjaya,

I think you intend your primary server as your Configuration Server (RCS)

1.As I know the synchronization phase will sync your RCS with your RIS (Infrastructure Server), in the sense that you download patches with RIS and then the sync phase will inform the RCS that there are new patches available; if you want to deploy them with RIS you have to promote RIS to a proxy server and indicate to machines that they have to refer to RIS as proxy;

2.Logs are in the RIS log directory (something like C:\Novadigm\RadiaIntegrationServer\logs) and the name is something like sync.log; if you want to know in real time you have to see the web page that opens when you start the sync (it says to you when it's finished);

3.It's supported, if you use RIS as proxy server.

I hope to have well understood your questions.

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response

but

I am using latest version I can say CAS 7.2

I hope there is no proxy server concept in CAS 7.2 and also if u r aware of new version of Radia , can u please share steps to do the activity
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

Leonardo,

Please not the forum here... this is a CAS question. CAS is a cut-down version of Client Automation Enterprise (Radia) and CAS customers have no concept of RCS\RIS.

To answer the questions...

1. You need to ensure that you ENTITLED the patches to the Infra server BEFORE you run the Infrastructure Sync. You do this on the CAS server from the CACHE tab of the Infra server. You need to set Patches: to Preload Enabled.

2. There is no "nice" way to know, but you can check the connect.log on the infra server. This is located at C:\Novadigm\ProxyServer\Logs\RPS.
check for return code 0 (rc 0) at the end of the log. This would at least indicate the process completed successfully.

3. Yes. But again you have to associate the CAS agents with their Infrastucture and for this you use the Subnets. So you assign subnets to the Infra servers. Again this is done on the CAS server.

The CAS guide clearly describes this process so i would confirm that you followed ALL the steps to associate your subnets with the Infra server AND that you entitled the Infra server to preload the Patch data.

HTH.

Karl.

Thanks for the answer

and 1 more question

I have preloaded the cache on E:\ drive

it is not necessary to preload the cache in C:\ drive I hope

Please correct me if I am wrong

Thanks
Mruthyunjaya AR
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

not sure if i follow you!

1. How did you install the infra server
2. To what location did you install the infra server?
3. How did you initiate the infra preload?

Karl

1. By adding an infrastructure server in the configuration -> infrastructure server management list

2.It is a remote location server in the same domain, we wanted to make it as a repository and rest all machines to take the patches from the same from that location

3.there is an option to enable the all the preload cache for Software , patches and OS

their I enabled preload cache

and I have added the subnet also to discover the device

let me know anymore work to be done

After I entitled the software/patch to the client machine and install it from Self management service , it will first try to contact the repository server and somehow it is not able to take the patches from repository so it is taking the patches from primary server

Below is the error from repository

[22/May/2009:01:19:53] sock456 error flushing "sock456": connection reset by peer /RESOURCE/SOFTWARE/FILE/C001D2FAEEC0

[22/May/2009:01:27:35] sock456 error flushing "sock456": connection reset by peer /RESOURCE/SOFTWARE/FILE/C001D2FAEEC0

[22/May/2009:01:47:22] sock456 Error 404 /proc/service /proc/service

Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

OK. Best advice here is to open a support case with HP and they can do a remote webex to review your config.

Please also refer them to this forum link.

Karl.

I already opened a support case , but response is slow

If any help from the forum much appreciated
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

whats the case number?
we have a holiday in the UK on Monday, but i can take a look on Tuesday.

Karl @ HP Support.

Below are the errors from repository/infrastructure server

22/May/2009:01:19:53] sock456 error flushing "sock456": connection reset by peer /RESOURCE/SOFTWARE/FILE/C001D2FAEEC0

[22/May/2009:01:27:35] sock456 error flushing "sock456": connection reset by peer /RESOURCE/SOFTWARE/FILE/C001D2FAEEC0

[22/May/2009:01:47:22] sock456 Error 404 /proc/service /proc/service

Is there anything to check from client PC

Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

You said you had a case open with HP for this one. What's the case number? I can work with the engineer to assist you further.

Karl @ HP Support.

Ref Case No. WFM#: 2607478414

Please expedite

Recently I have entitled one software on the client machine from Primary CAS server

then through self service manager I have installed the software

When I am installing the snapshot which I took shows that it is connecting to Infrastructure server

Please look into the snapshot , if the connection is proper then I can try this for Patches also

Thanks
Mruthyunjaya AR
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

well it does look to connect to the infra server but did it actually install the app from there?

I may know the sync status but once the software and patches are entitled to the client

how can I come to know that the patches and software are getting downloaded/installed from infra server rather than primary server
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

best way is to check the client connect log on the agent.
In the log you will see references to "downloading resoures" and this will either give the source as the CAS server using port 3464 or the infra server using port 3467.

Bear in mind that if you have client on mulitple subnets then you need to either have an Infra server per subnet OR you assign multiple subnets per Infra server. If a client connect on a subnet for which you have not defined an Infra server then this client will connect back to the CAS server.
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

you can also get an Infra server preload summary in the CAS console. Navigate to the Infra server details, then view the Reporting tab.

Karl.
harshahr
Super Collector

Hi karl,

I want to do any modification in managed node which is under infrastructure server?

Please give me solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Hrasha H R
bharath_hanuma
Collector

Hi Harsha,

Kindly let me know your exact requirement, so that I can help you further.

Regards
Bharath
harshahr
Super Collector

Hi Bharat,

Whether i want to add the infrastructure server ip or hostname in the CCM managed nodes which is under the infrastructure server?

How can i come to know whether the managed node is taking the patches from infra server or main CCM server?

I am waiting for your help.

I you don't mind give your contact number.

Thanks in advance,
Harsha
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event