CCM agent installation error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jessica Alba
Occasional Advisor

CCM agent installation error

Dear all,
While installing ccm agent ,the process status is active but not successful installed.

kindly reply me ASAP.
Regards
prateek
9 REPLIES
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

Re: CCM agent installation error

does the process ever complete\fail?

Karl

Prateek,

Can you please provide some more information?

-To what OS are you deploying?
-Are you able to ping the target device?
-Is the firewall enabled on the target device?
-Is file/print sharing enabled on the target device?

Thanks,
Ben
Edgar Chavez
Occasional Contributor

I'm also experiencing the same issue. When I use the agent deployment wizard the job runs but fails with the error:

Failed to Install HPCA Agent - Reason: Unable to download media files

The target machine is running XP Pro, windows firewall is off, file sharing on, firewall off on server, target machine is in same local network with same subnet.

Edgar,

Based on your message, it sounds as though one of the following is true:
-administrative shares are disabled on the target system
-the user id you are using for the deployment does not have the ability to access the system
-or there is an issue with the media.

As I type this, the third seems the most likely. On your Client Automation server, do you have a folder drive:\Novadigm\ManagementPortal\media?
Can you trace the path down even further to see the agent installation media? (sorry, I don't have it handy right now).

ben
Edgar Chavez
Occasional Contributor

I can see the media and the all the files. here's a snapshot. As far as the admin shares do I have to share out the C:\Novadigm files on the HPCAS server? The user id is related to the credentials that I specify in the deployment wizard correct? I am using our network admin username and pw.
Edgar Chavez
Occasional Contributor

Found the issue, the install file ini has an ip of xxx.xx.xx.xxx, I just had to change it the the IP of the HPCAS and the client install wizard worked.

Edgar,

This is not something you should have had to manually configure. Off the top of my head I don't remember if the HPCA server installation populates the value in the ini or just passes the appropriate value when the agent is deployed, but you should not have had to make the change you describe.

I'm sorry you experienced an error. I will have to check into this more.

Thanks for the update.

ben
Edgar Chavez
Occasional Contributor

Yes it seems like a strange issue.
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor
Solution

Edgar,

I recently installed CAS7.2 and was able to do a remote agent install without issue. There was no need to make any changes to the agent install.ini file.

If you still have the problem machines it would be interesting to see the install.log from the folder...
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\CM\ManagementAgent

Karl.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event