Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel

CCM 2.0 manual agent installation

Highlighted
Metin INAN_1
Collector

CCM 2.0 manual agent installation

Hi,

We need to install ccm agents due to network performance.However,when we install agent manually we got only 2 services :

-HP OVCM Notify Daemon
-HP OVCM Scheduler Daemon

"HP Configuration Managent Agent" service does not exist.How can we solve this problem ?

Thanks,

9 REPLIES
Biju V George!
Honored Contributor

Re: CCM 2.0 manual agent installation

Hi,

HP Configuration Management Agent service gets installed only when you install it remotely. You need not need HP Configuration Management Agent..its only used to update the status of the device in portal. You would require one more service MSI redirector service..

Thanks
Biju
Metin INAN_1
Collector

Hi Biju,

I would like to thank you for your response.I have installed manually and have 2 services running,but I can not collect software/hardware inventory on some machines.What could be the problem ?

Best Regards,
Biju V George!
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Did you assign Audit service to the devices??. Check out if the clients are resolving these audit services.

Post the client logs...

Thanks
Biju
tama_2
Acclaimed Contributor

What was the script you used to install manually and did you point the client to the management server when installing manually

Paul
Metin INAN_1
Collector

Hi Biju,

in the client log we see:

"NVD000001V [RADEXECD ] 16:22:32 [RADEXECD / 000006bc] SYSTEM --- Connection accepted from [10.10.100.20] at [Mon Nov 19 16:22:32 2007]
NVD000001V [RADEXECD ] 16:22:32 [RADEXECD / 000006bc] SYSTEM --- No return socket received.
NVD000001V [RADEXECD ] 16:22:32 [RADEXECD / 000006bc] SYSTEM --- Internal Token validation will be performed
NVD000001V [RADEXECD ] 16:22:32 [RADEXECD / 000006bc] SYSTEM --- Local notify Password verification disabled.
NVD000001V [RADEXECD ] 16:22:32 [RADEXECD / 000006bc] SYSTEM --- Path restricted to IDMSYS subdirectory
NVD000001V [RADEXECD ] 16:22:32 [RADEXECD / 000006bc] SYSTEM --- Internal token validation will be used for USER ID.
NVD000001V [RADEXECD ] 16:22:32 [RADEXECD / 000006bc] SYSTEM --- Invalid userid received.
NVD000001V [RADEXECD ] 16:22:32 [RADEXECD / 000006bc] SYSTEM --- UID: 2E979575
NVD000001V [RADEXECD ] 16:22:32 [RADEXECD / 000006bc] SYSTEM --- Invalid password received
NVD000001V [RADEXECD ] 16:22:32 [RADEXECD / 000006bc] SYSTEM --- CMD: radskman sname=WINZIP_11_1,dname=SOFTWARE,rtimeout=14400,startdir=SYSTEM,port=3464,ip=hpopenview,cop=y,JOBID=N:541:542
NVD000001V [err_cleanup ] 16:22:33 [RADEXECD / 000006bc] SYSTEM --- Closing socket [164]
"

what does this mean ?

Regards,
Metin INAN_1
Collector

Hi Biju,

We are observing our client's network with Ethereal and we see crc errors.

regards,
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

For CCM I believe you do need RMA. The only suggestion I can offer is to resolve you network issues.
The log segment you posted says the client is installing WINZIP_11_1. As Biju says make sure the Audit Services are entitled and an Audit connect is initiated.
You should see at least three NT Services running on a client, radexecd, radsched and radstgms. If not your installation may not be complete.

Metin,

There should be an HP OpenView Configuration Management Agent service installed to your client device also. How did you run the agent installation? With CCM, you cannot run the MSI install directly. You need to run the setup script that installs the complete agent (including the MSI install).

Ben
chcs_pauljohnso
Super Collector

Either by script or by portal the first two services are the notify and scheduler daemon

if you install via script the third service is named Radia Management Agent.

if you install via portal the service is named HP openview Configuration Managemnt Agent

check to see if the RMA service installed under the above name from your script. they are the same thing just named differently from my understanding

From my efforts i also noticed that remote registry services needed to be enabled and started as did the ASP .Net state service.

If the .NET service was not running, the client would install but the machine would not inventory.

If there was no ASP .Net state service on the machine to start with, ccm would install correctly from the script and the machine would inventory.

We have alot of broken installs initially so the script we eventually ran was

net stop rma
c:\novadigm\Manage~1\nvdkit.exe service remove rma
start /wait msiexec.exe /x{4FFAC702-7C78-4D71-A7B3-02E44B77F60A} /qb-! /l*v "%temp%\ovccm-client-uninstall.log"
del c:\Novadigm /s/q
del c:\progra~1\Novadigm /s/q
c:\ccminstall\radagent\setup.cmd hub-manage-01

As you can see had to stop and remove RMA service before installing from script where the install files were on the client local C drive

Eventually modified this to map from a central server

net stop rma
c:\novadigm\Manage~1\nvdkit.exe service remove rma
start /wait msiexec.exe /x{4FFAC702-7C78-4D71-A7B3-02E44B77F60A} /qb-! /l*v "%temp%\ovccm-client-uninstall.log"
del c:\Novadigm /s/q
del c:\progra~1\Novadigm /s/q
net use v: \\hub-manage-01\ccminstall
v:\radagent\setup.cmd hub-manage-01
net use v: \\hub-manage-01\ccminstall /delete

changed the install location slightly as the ccminstall folder was shared and drive mapped from that share.

hope this helps

paul

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event